Sunday, August 20, 2017

The Longest Book Tag

Thank you Lauren from Always Me for tagging me in this awesome tag! This tag was created by Ditsha from Bewitchingly Paranoid.

I love big books and I cannot lie...

The Rules:
1. Make a list of the five longest books you've ever read.
2. Select two of the longest books on your TBR.
3. Discuss.
4. Tag others.

Here are my longest reads (according to Goodreads):

I don't think every edition has the same amount of pages, and I read a very small version which had nearly twice as many pages, coming in at 1009 pages, making it my longest read ever.

I loved, loved, loved this book even though it felt like it took me half a year to read. I actually do plan to return to it and read it again, and then finally read the sequel, and then Oathbringer (which is right around the corner!!). This one clocked in at 1007 pages.

This is one dense book! Not only is the story complicated and hefty, but it's chock full of end notes that enhance the story phenomenally. If you're even sort of interested in this, go read it immediately (or just watch the mini series; it's on Netflix now I think). Jonathon Strange and Mr. Norrell clocks in at 1006 pages.

I have waxed poetic for this series since I read it a few months ago so I won't harp on it anymore except to say that it really will live up to and surpass all your expectations. Wise Man's Fear is 994 pages long.

Last but not least is the final volume in one of my all time favorite series. Heir of Novron is actually a combination of two books but together they combine to be 932 pages long. 932 pages of amazing!

Here are two long books on my TBR:

At 1015 I didn't at once realize how long this one was. Regardless, I've wanted to read this book for a while, but with Tor featuring it pretty heavily last month on their Facebook I got even more excited.

It's not super long, at 827 pages, but I love this series and for whatever reason still haven't picked this one up.

Tag you're it!

*all covers are linked to goodreads page where you should go add them to your tbr

9 comments:

  1. Ohhhh nice. I'll definitely get to this tag at some point xD I've been so slow with posting lately, but it looks fun!

    Also, I really liked Winter.I have a feeling my longest is going to be A Dance with Dragons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to seeing what else stacks up there.

      Delete
  2. I need to read the George RR Martin series and the Patrick Rothfuss series. I’ve had them on my TBR list for years, but I keep putting them off because they’re so huge.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're both definitely commitments, but if I had to recommend one over the other? Patrick Rothfuss hands down.

      Delete
    2. I hope you like Kushiel's Dart - I had totally forgotten that it was so long!

      Delete
    3. I'm really looking forward to it! I didn't realize it was this long, either; I was shocked to see the page count.

      Delete
  3. I really need to read The Name of the Wind. But I feel like it'll have to wait until next year at least.
    Winter has 827 pages ?! It didn't feel like it when I read it.

    Hehe you tagged me *blushes*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy Name of the Wind when you read it. Definitely read it when you're in the mood, though, because it's not the most traditional book so if you're not up for it you won't enjoy it as much.

      Haha yes! Can't wait to see your version of this tag :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you and try to respond to comments once or twice a week. Thank you for your patience :)