Friday, September 1, 2017

Mystery Blogger Award


A huge thank you to Lauren @ Always Me for nominating me for this awesome award. She's definitely one of the best bloggers out there and I know I say this a lot, but what are you waiting for? Go follow her! This award was created by Okoto Enigmas Blog. Onward with the tag:

The Rules:
1. Put the award logo/image on your blog.
Which, by the way, if you click the About Me page above you'll find all the awards I've been nominated for (don't mind the shameless self-promotion).
2. Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
3. Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
4. List the rules.
5. Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
6. Share a link to your best post(s).
7. Answer the 5 questions set to you by the person who nominated you.
8. Nominated 10-20 people.
9. Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with at least one weird or funny question.
10. Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.

3 Things About Myself:

(1) I wear glasses. This is one of those facts where I just kind of take it for granted that I always have my glasses on, but you guys never get to see my face so how would you know?

(2) I recently ate at Wahlburgers (they don't have any near me, sadly) and often think about how good their onion strings are. They seriously may be considered my new favorite food.

(3) Autumn is my favorite season and now that it's right around the corner I couldn't be more excited.

My Best Post:

While there are a lot of posts I've made that I really like I'm going to go with my recent review of Ready Player One because it's a new design for the way I'm doing reviews. Not only did it turn out as nicely as I hoped but it feels more professional.

My Answers to Lauren's Questions:

 1. What has been your favorite read of 2017 so far, and why?
A: The Kingkiller Chronicles! Both The Name of the Wind and The Wise Man's Fear have changed my life. I've talked a lot lately about how important these two books are to me but I can't express enough how wonderfully written they are, too. Even if you're not a huge fan of fantasy you should add these to your TBR.

2. Dream cast your answer to number 1.
A: Okay this is kind of impossible and, I'm sorry Lauren, but I don't think I can even attempt this. I honestly have no idea because, even though there's going to be a movie and tv series, I can't picture anyone in these roles. They're too real as it is. I will say that Lin Manuel-Miranda doing the music for this series is the best decision since Hamilton, though, and no fan could ask for anything better.

3. What upcoming book to movie or tv adaptation are you looking forward to the most?
A: Can I say Kingkiller Chronicles again? I'm gonna say Kingkiller Chronicles again. Not only a movie and tv series in the works, but also a video game!

4. If you could attend a dinner party with any five writers, actors, and/or musicians, living or dead, who would be on your guest list?
A: Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett, Benedict Cumberbatch, Charles Dickens, and David Tennant.

5. Would you prefer to bring your favorite fictional characters into the real world, or would you rather be fictional with them?
A: For some reason I hate the idea of being fictional so I'd take them out of their books and into the real world. (Thank goodness you didn't make me choose who I'd take out because that list is endless).

I Nominate:


My Questions For My Nominees:

1. What is your favorite candle (or, if you can't choose, the one you've burned most recently; or if you don't like candles, your favorite scent in general)?

2. Do you have a pet and are they named after a character? If yes, why; if no, what literary name would you give a pet?

3. If you had to be from any planet, real or imaginary, which planet and why?

4. What's your favorite season of the year and why? Bonus points: what things remind you of that season?

5. If you could adapt any one book or series perfectly (regardless of whether it's been adapted before) which would you choose?

This was a bunch of fun thank you so much for nominating me Lauren!

4 comments:

  1. D'awww! Thanks for the shout out! :)

    I must read The Kingkiller Chronicles stat, by the sound of it!

    I don't know if I could have put together a better dinner party - I'm inviting myself!

    I would like to perfectly adapt Percy Jackson - since it was mangled it needs it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you really must- Kingkiller Chronicles are quite actually life changing. Yes please come to my (sadly fictional) dinner party! There will be an open seat for you there. Oh those poor books deserve so much more than those movies. I still have hope that the tv series that was being talked about a year ago or so is still in the works.

      Delete
  2. I love onion rings or onion straws, those are the best. Autumn is awesome, definitely. :) And cool dinner party guests! That would be an interesting conversation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, another fan! I have no idea where the conversation would go but I think I would thoroughly enjoy just sitting and listening.

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you and try to respond to comments once or twice a week. Thank you for your patience :)