Tuesday, July 26, 2016

I'M BACK feat. A HUGE APOLOGY (with a special guest appearance from DAMAGE CONTROL)

You may or may not have noticed that I haven't blogged in like two weeks or so.  I actually kinda stopped on the 14th.  Which is crazy.  I did try to write a few posts and I did already have a few set to post already, but beyond that I just kinda gave up on blogging for a short period of time.  

It was completely unplanned but things just snuck up on me and I didn't have the time or the state of mind to dedicate time to blogging of any sort.  After the first few days I scrambled to catch up but I fell asleep while I was working on it and the next day I realized I shouldn't push and stress myself out about this.  So I rolled with it and didn't stress out about it at all.  I didn't allow myself to.  I let this unplanned vacation from blogging happen and now I'm ready to come back.

I have been spending a TON of time on twitter lately and it has helped remind me why I started blogging and why I love the community.  It's also a great place to kill time and just hang out with people, something I didn't realize I was so sorely missing since being home from school and my friends there.

One big thing happened since my little vacation happened and I wanted to bring attention to it: I started a side blog.  It's called Fernweh and I'm not going to talk about it a bunch here but I thought I would mention because it will be taking a (very very small) fraction of my time.  Fernweh is a small corner of the internet and is a darker place for me to just rant or talk about how I feel about the state of things or my adventures (that aren't book related).  I will also be doing most of my writing posts over there from now on and if something big happens in a book I'm working on I will link it during the weekly wrap up for those who are interested.  Fernweh is going to be more of a "me" blog and it's going to be intensely personal.  It's a nice reprieve to have it there since I'm not super good at keeping a physical diary.  I don't really expect people to visit Fernweh but I don't want to discourage you if you're interested.

Anyway, that's where I've been.

And let me say I AM SO SORRY!  I didn't plan this at all and while I realize I desperately needed it I hate just disappearing like that.  

Which leads me to Damage Control.  Well, I'm certainly behind on what I wanted posted and read and a dozen other things blog related so these next few days will be dedicated to that.  Tomorrow I'll be doing a lot of background stuff like updating goodreads and tumblr and small pieces of this blog.  Thursday I don't think I'll be around but Friday I should be finishing all the bigger things I need to get caught up on and on Saturday everything will be back to normal! 

Thank you for sticking with me throughout all of this, guys!  I hope to be back blogging regularly by next week and I'll be back to visiting blogs and commenting on them and just re-emersing in the community again by Saturday.

See you all soon!

2 comments:

  1. I may be checking out your side blog, Sam. Glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be pretty awesome if you did! I'm glad to be back. Sorry it's taken me so long to get to all my comments...

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you and try to respond to comments once or twice a week. Thank you for your patience :)