Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday: The Winds of Winter

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine
The Winds of Winter is the forthcoming sixth novel in the epic fantasy series A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin.
The previous installment, A Dance with Dragons, covered less story than Martin intended, omitting at least one planned large battle sequence and leaving several character threads ending in cliffhangers. Martin intends to resolve these cliffhangers "very early" in The Winds of Winter, saying "I'm going to open with the two big battles that I was building up to, the battle in the ice and the battle at Meereen—the battle of Slaver's Bay. And then take it from there."
Why I'm Waiting
 I'm rereading the first two books and then reading the final three and I really do love this series.  I may not be caught up with the books, but I do know what's going on (thanks to the internet and my friends) and I couldn't be more excited to see what happens next!

The Winds of Winter will release whenever George RR Martin finishes writing it, LOL

2 comments:

  1. My brother loves this series and has been trying to get me to read it for years. I just haven't been able to commit to such a lengthy series. I'm sure I will get to it some day. I hope you enjoy the latest installment.

    My WoW: http://jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2016/07/waiting-on-wednesday-johannas-christmas.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's such a lengthy thing to dive into! I have to read the books in tangent with others so that I still finish things on time. I'm very much looking forward to the next one. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you and try to respond to comments once or twice a week. Thank you for your patience :)