Saturday, December 10, 2016

Weekly Wrap Up (The One Where I Am Drained)

Good afternoon! It's been a while since I've felt this drained. Like, worse than finals if I'm being honest. I think it's been because I've been working nearly every day since getting home, and if not working it's because I'm busy doing something else and needed to take off. I do have two days off this week, though one of them is because I have a doctor's appointment, and the other is on a weekend which means I'll probably spend it doing things with my family. I don't mean for that to sound like a bad thing, but it's not exactly the most recharging. Of course, I enjoy my work and the paycheck since that's how I'm able to get people gifts this year. Like a battery, though, I need time to recharge, which I haven't had yet.

On a similar note, I'm also excited to return to school! Like, excited to get back to learning and taking notes and feeling super productive. This always happens during break and it's such a strange feeling, since after I get back I probably won't be that excited anymore.

I have gotten back into the blogging spirit, though, and that means I've gotten back into the reading spirit, too! It's been great to actually be finishing things again and it does help with the hours I've been working and just relaxing me in general. I want to make sure that this reading bug stays with me when I go back to school. I have been reevaluating things here on the blog, though, and I think I've finally settled on some changes that I look forward to implementing in the new year. I hope it all goes over well!

Finished Last Week
Bull
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Maresi
*reviews will be coming for all of them, but Bull and Maresi are ARCs and so those reviews won't be coming until closer to the publication date*

Currently Reading
I'm going to start A Darkness Strange and Lovely;
read Blue Exorcist vol. 3,
The Jewel and Her Lapidary,
and The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe next week;
I'm also going to start The Bear and the Nightingale;
and continue The Secret History
and The Lies of Locke Lamora
*I know I have a lot on my plate, but it's been keeping me really happy*

Last Week

Next Week
Sunday-- Discussion
Monday-- Dark Knight Returns review
Wednesday-- Waiting on Wednesday
Friday-- The Continent review
Saturday-- Wrap Up

Stay warm out there! I know snow is headed my way, so if it's headed yours, stay safe!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're getting back into the spirit of things, Sam. I really, really hoping you're liking Locke Lamora? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it's taken me forever to respond to these comments because life, unfortunately, but yes I'm really liking Locke! I keep meaning to pick it up again but then a new book will just sort of jump in my lap and be all "read me! read me!" and I can't really say no lol

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you and try to respond to comments once or twice a week. Thank you for your patience :)