Thursday, January 22, 2015

CD Review: American Beauty/American Psycho

So I don't know much about music, but I can tell when something sounds good.  And oh boy does FOB's most recent release sound good.  I will admit I'm a pretty big fan of their stuff, but this has to be one of my favorite releases.

Most FOB songs take a couple spins before I fall in love with them.  But then I become obsessed with each in a small matter of time, cycling through them all until I'm left to start over again.  This overplaying really bothers my family (who do not love FOB), and the fact that they're complaining only two days after the release makes me smile.

While I can't narrow it down to one favorite song, Uma Thurman, Fourth of July, and The Kids Aren't All Right are the current ones I keep playing through.  Surprisingly there isn't even one song that I feel is less worthy of the others.

My biggest complaint is that on the first listen through the songs all sound similar.  After two or three plays it's easy to distinguish them, but for people who aren't as big of fans they may not find this worth their time.  I must say it is, but that's just me.  I'd give this album a solid A.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you and try to respond to comments once or twice a week. Thank you for your patience :)