Saturday, May 19, 2018

Summer Comment Challenge Participation & Life Updates!

Hello lovelies, it's been some time! I didn't intend for such a large gap in my blogging to happen (it's been a week and a half but it feels like much longer on my end) but it did because my time in London ran short and quickly. Right now I am actually writing this from my own bed, in my own room, surrounded by all my books, with my window open. It's so surreal to be back here and I am so happy about it. But traveling, plus packing, plus unpacking has led to little reading and even less blogging. I feel bad about it especially considering how many blog posts I have planned! In fact... here are some of the posts you should be able to expect as the month winds down:A general life update (talking about time in London and looking forward towards the future)
  • The Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down review I promised here
  • A spoiler-filled review of Avengers: Infinity War
  • mini reviews for I Kill Giants & Coco
  • Tess of the Road book review
  • writing update
I'm also currently powering through Assassin's Apprentice (a very unexpected book I picked up in the airport) and can guarantee a review for this one sooner than later. After this I'll be reading Starlings (an ARC I have), finishing up Leviathan Wakes (it's really good I just got pulled away and distracted), West (an ARC I have; I read East last year and enjoyed it), Blood Rose Rebellion, Letter for the King (an ARC I have), and Bluets (it was my secret Santa gift last Christmas but sadly didn't arrive until I had already left for London). Barring Bluets I think it's safe to say you can look for reviews of all of these (though since West and Letter for the King come out much, much later in the year those reviews may be pushed back quite a bit).

Something else I'm participating in this season is the comment challenge hosted by Lonna @ FLYLÄ“F and Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense! I participated for a bit last summer (or was it two summers ago?... I've lost track of things so badly) and loved it. I'm so happy to be able to participate again and will be partaking every month this summer. The Comment Challenge is one of my absolute favorite ways to connect to the book community and make new friends and I 100% recommend participating! Sign up here; you won't regret it!


I hope you all join in on the fun because it really is a blast. And I promise to be better about posting going forward into this month.

8 comments:

  1. I hope you will settle back in just fine. I am also participating in the comment challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you'll be joining us, Sam! I hope you enjoy the challenge this summer and that you're entire summer is a full of amazing things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm excited to be joining, too! I hope you're summer is awesome, also!

      Delete
  3. Hi Sam, Welcome back to the Comment Challenge. It's so nice to see alums. I hope you have a lot of fun and make a few lasting blogging friends. ~Lonna @ FLYLÄ“F

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm super excited to be back at it :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Sam! I'm your partner for the Summer 2018 Comment Challenge! <3 I'm so excited to get to know you and your blog through this challenge. It's my first time doing it and I'm quite excited about it. Hope you have a change to relax a bit and get back into the swing of things, after your trip. I look forward to reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nicole! Sorry for getting back so late to this comment (wow I already seem like a bad partner so sorry things have been busy). Yay your first time! I hope you have a great time and I can't wait to visit all your posts!

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you and try to respond to comments once or twice a week. Thank you for your patience :)