Tuesday, December 8, 2015

5 Star Anime Review: Blue Exorcist

Watch| Netflix  Rating| 5 Stars

Recommended for: Fans of Noragami

I have found my newest obsession!
I'm actually not kidding when I say that.  I love this show so very much.  For several days, it was pretty much the only thing I could think about.  I don't know how many hours I spent online just looking at pictures of the characters.  I'm actually in the middle of rewatching the show already.  Going one day without it is pretty tough, to be honest. (And yes, I already have volume one of the manga sitting on the side waiting for me and I'm so very excited to read it.)

Blue Exorcist is the story of twin brothers Rin and Yukio.  They were raised by an exorcist their whole life.  From a young age Yukio has secretly been training to be an exorcist.  In, after getting into a fight, finds out he, himself, is a demon and the son of Satan.  After their father is killed, Rin enrolls at True Cross Academy to learn to be an exorcist himself, while keeping his true parentage a secret.

This is one of those rare stories that really infects me and makes me want to live in it forever.  I can't say one bad thing about it.  Is it my favorite anime?  No, but it's a very close second to Noragami.  If it had a longer run, perhaps it would be.  Every single episode is a roller coaster of a ride- both emotionally and story wise.

I really recommend giving this one a chance.  And definitely don't watch the English dubbed version, because (in my opinion) no one actually needs English dubs as long as the subs are around.  I've never seen a decent dub, to be honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you and try to respond to comments once or twice a week. Thank you for your patience :)