Saturday, December 26, 2015

Weekly Wrap-Up and Book Haul

Hello everyone!  If you celebrate, I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!  I certainly did.  In fact, it was probably the best Christmas we've had in a long while, which is a bit of a surprise.  I know last year was really hard and the year before that hadn't felt very much like Christmas at all.  But this year, even with a lack of snow, I felt like I was in the spirit and everyone else seemed to be as well.  One sad thing is I'll be going back to school in just over a week, and I'm going to miss all this free time that I've had lately.

Finished this Week
I actually managed to finish a bit this week, something I'm really happy to report.  I finished the second volume of Blue Exorcist and Skywalker Strikes in terms of manga and comics.  As for novels, I finished the first book in the Bentwhistle series (review coming soon) and Snow Like Ashes (review coming, but not as soon).

Currently Reading
Shadow's Edge, which is the second book in the Night Angels trilogy.  I hope to finish this quickly, even though it's a bigger book.  When I finish this I'll be picking up Red Queen.  I really want to finish both of these before I have to go back to school.  I've also been slowly rereading Clockwork Angel and I would like to finish that as well.  I also hope to get to Noragami volume 9 and Stray Stories this week as well, though I'm not so worried about those.

Last Week
Sunday-- Sunday Comics

This Week
Sunday-- Sunday TV
Tuesday-- Top 15 of 2015
Wednesday-- Waiting on Wednesday
Thursday-- December Wrap Up
Friday-- January TBR, Friday 56
Saturday-- Wrap Up and Haul

Haul
So, this shouldn't be a surprise, but I have a bit of a larger haul this week (because Christmas!).  So, without further ado:
KINDLE EBOOKS
Stormdancer
I've had my eye on this one for a while, and it was on sale in the kindle store, so I picked it up.  I know I'll enjoy it, so I'm excited to give it a whirl.
Odd and the Frost Giants
Another one on sale.  The only thing I knew about it was that it was by Neil Gaiman, which is enough to get me to buy something.  I do believe it's based in Norse Mythology, so that's exciting.
The Door in the Hedge and Other Stories
For some reason I collect Robin McKinley books on my kindle when they're on sale, even though I haven't given any of them a try.  I really need to change that soon.
Knights of the Old Republic Vol. 3
This is one of my favorite series' ever, so I just couldn't resist buying volume three after having started volume two on a whim.
Deceived
I just needed a little more Star Wars in my life, okay?
The Song of Achilles
A book that's received a ton of critical acclaim and is really popular on tumblr.  I've had my eye on it for a while so when it was a Kindle Daily Deal I couldn't say no.  For some reason, I feel like this is a "summer read".
MANGA
Noragami Vol. 9
I had this one pre-ordered and I'm so excited to read it!  I know it's going to break my heart a thousand times, but that's fine.  Also, not really one of my favorite covers if I'm being honest.
COFFEE TABLE BOOKS
Pawnee: The Greatest Town in America
This was a Christmas gift from my dad and he was so proud to get it for me because it's the first thing he's ever ordered off the amazon app on his phone (so very proud it's kinda funny, but it's great).  It's from the show Parks and Rec (which if you don't watch you really, really should; just skip all of season two except the final episode; you'll thank me later) and just flipping through it had me dying from laughter.  I actually plan to read this front to back at some point, but probably not until the summer when I have the time to just lounge around with it.
The Weird World of Words
This was a gift from my cousins, and it's a very cool book.  I don't know exactly how to describe it, except that it has a butt ton of facts and fun things that have to do with words inside.  If you're a lover of words you'll really appreciate this one.  It's coming with me to college and I look forward to it keeping me entertained.
HARDCOVERS
Red Queen
I had dropped quite a few not subtle hints about this one, so it wasn't really a surprise when my aunt got it for me.  I'm so excited to read it, especially since all the hype around it has died down.
Wake of Vultures
This is another book I've asked for a bit, though I don't think I've talked about it here on the blog.  It's a fantasy western, a genre I'm very interested in at the moment.  I hope to read this soon, but I don't know exactly when I'll get to it.
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone Illustrated Edition
I was so happy when I opened this gift up!  It was from my parents and I'm so excited to read this book in this edition!  It's going to be a blast reading it, but I'm going to wait until the summer so that I can reread them all at once and not feel as guilty about it.  Also, now I have three of my own editions of this book, not counting the family set that we all share.
NOT BOOKS
The Man from U.N.C.L.E.
The movie, not the show.  I loved this when I saw it and I'm so excited to have a copy I can now force other people to watch with me!  Just kidding, kind of.  My mom hasn't seen it yet, so we'll be watching it, probably tomorrow.
Flash, Season One
One of my favorite shows, and now I have it on Blu-Ray and digital to compliment all three seasons of Arrow.
Harry Potter Coloring Book
This was a total surprise and such a good one!  My parents got it for me alongside the illustrated Sorcerer's Stone.  I have big plans for this book.  Big plans.
Rin & Yukio (from Blue Exorcist) Collector's Figures
They are so beautiful!  I love them so much, and when I have my manga shelf all set up (in a few days) I'll take a picture of them alongside their series.  They were another surprise, and a gift from my cousins and aunt.  They're so pretty together and I just kinda look at them every few minutes because they're so awesome!

So, that's my haul and wrap up this week.  Kinda long, so sorry about that.  Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you and try to respond to comments once or twice a week. Thank you for your patience :)