Monday, October 3, 2016

5 Star Mini Book Review: Clash of Kings (Game of Thrones, #2)


Author: George RR Martin
Edition: Leather-bound
Related Reviews: Game of Thrones
Rating: 5 Stars
Clash of Kings starts not long after book one finishes and immediately introduces us to many different characters right off the bat, including some fan favorites (Stannis, Brienne). As with book one, this revolving cast of characters stretches across the wide world taking the reader near and far. Besides the plot, little changes between books, but perhaps that's a good thing.

The slow and steady nature of Martin's writing is what draws me in and makes me continue wanting to read. Especially when it's interspersed with quick, intense scenes, normally with at least one named character dying in said scenes. I particularly like how all the characters plots are unique to the characters and while they may overlap it is in a completely real way but not in a forced way like some fantasy tends to do.

I give this boo five stars namely for the absorbing elements that won't let me go once I sit down and start reading. I always feel so engrossed in the book when I'm reading that I forget where I'm at. 

2 comments:

  1. Ooh I always love seeing reviews of these! And I agree about the different plots. I thought this one was more atmospheric than the first one, maybe that beginning with Davos and Cressen and Melisandre- I want to see more of dragonstone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would agree on the atmospheric level it certainly draws me in more. Dragonstone yes! Although, honestly, I want a tour guide to give me a safe guided tour throughout the whole Seven Kingdoms

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you and try to respond to comments once or twice a week. Thank you for your patience :)