Friday, October 14, 2016

5 Star Reaction Review: Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass, #4)


Author: Sarah J Maas
Edition: Hardcover
Rating: 5 Stars
BEWARE OF SPOILERS

This was my final reread before I could pick up Empire of Storms, and my opinion of it nearly completely changed. The first time I read it I had said that I thought it was the weakest book in the series and that characters were developed poorly and there seemed to be a lot missing in between the pages. Well, I still think some of the character development was a little rushed, but not nearly so much as I once thought, perhaps because I knew where the characters were ending up in this book.

Which is one huge thing I loved about rereading this book. That's one of my favorite things about rereading in general- you know where the book is going and how it's going to end so you can pick out pieces that are foreshadowed at the beginning and just enjoy the overall storyline. And since it's been a while since I read it the first time there were a lot of details that were still rather murky in my head. I couldn't remember exactly what would happen or when and what all the details were and it was so nice to have both an experienced eye and a naive eye reading this book at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you and try to respond to comments once or twice a week. Thank you for your patience :)