A whole month of summer has passed! Isn't that crazy? I'm sure some (probably most) who are on break see theirs quickly coming to a close, but I am blessed to have a strange school schedule where I still have over two months before I have to go back. So, really, my summer hasn't even gotten to the halfway point, yet, but it still feels like I have no time left! Last month I posted my goals for the summer and I wanted to update you all on them and give myself the kick in the butt I need to complete some of the goals.
The Book Related Goals
- Finish writing my current WIP, dubbed, at the moment, "The Queen's Ransom"
Status: I have been working on it, and while I'm a few days behind my goal, it goes well.
- Reread the Harry Potter series because, can you believe it, I haven't reread these books in years!
Status: I reread the first one and I think I'm expanding this goal to go past the summer because I want to take the time to enjoy these books.
- Read the Poison Study series; I've been saving this one for this summer and already have all the published books on my kindle waiting for an epic marathon
Status: So I don't know if I'm actually going to do this this summer now... But if not this summer then definitely over winter break before the final book comes out!
- Read The Chronicles of Narnia; I've never read these, either, but I feel like it's time; a friend of mine recommended that I listen to the audiobooks, so that might be the way I go
Status: I still want to do this, but not as badly as I did at the beginning of the summer, so it's been pushed back a little bit.
- Buy a Camera; this may not seem book related, but I actually want one so that I can take some really nice pictures for Instagram and the blog (and maybe Youtube videos someday...?)
Status: I may not need to! I've been using one of my parent's camera's and it's been working really well for me and I think they'll let me take it to school. Now I just need another memory card but I think we have a few of those laying around.
- Focus more on Instagram; this goes along with the previous goal; basically I just want to devote more time to what I put out on Instagram because these last few months I've been very poor on there
Status: I have definitely put more thought into what I post on Instagram. I don't post every day (that's just too much) but I spend more time posting and have created some really great content (imo).
- More original content on Tumblr is pretty self-explanatory; if you have any ideas for what you might like to see on my Tumblr please let me know!
Status: I have been working on a set of Mortal Instruments/Hamilton posts that I'm rather proud of and I can't wait to post them! I also have a bunch of ideas for things to post.
- Catch up on ARCS because I am so far behind and I feel awful about it
Status: I have been integrating more ARCs into my reading diet but I haven't made much headway with the pace I've been reading at.
The Non-Book Related Goals
- Cut Hair is just a reminder that I need a haircut so that I can take a proper profile picture instead of my dog (LOL but he'll probably be in the picture, too)
Status: I did get my hair cut... but I'm not super happy with it. Not the hair dresser's fault; it's mine. I think I'll be getting it cut right before I leave for school, though, so I will absolutely take a profile picture then.
- Get a job preferably at a book store
Status: Well, it's not at a bookstore, but I have a job! I go in tomorrow to sign paperwork.
- Working Out is part of my plan to lose some weight and I also want to Eat Healthier because I feel sluggish all the time lately
Status: I did really well with the eating healthier at the beginning of the summer, but it's been hard to keep track of. I think I'm going to buy a planner for keeping track of meals. As for exercising, I have definitely gotten better at it. I try to either run or bike a mile every other day and I hope that in a few weeks I can manage to do this every day. And then, by the end of the summer, I want to be able to run steadily (I don't care how far) for at least 45 minutes.
- Learn a language and it will probably be either Russian or American Sign Language (for two very different reasons)
Status: I was really keeping up on this at the beginning of the summer but it sort of fell through. I'm going to check my library to see if they have a book that will help.
- Start going to Church again because I unfortunately fell away from the habit while at school and I really miss attending Mass
Status: So far, so good
- Catch Up on TV because I haven't watched anything in ages!
Status: I'm not really catching up (yet) but I am getting back into the habit of watching television (to my own detriment).
- Locate a comic book store and frequent it; I have one at school that I adore, but I don't actually know where my local one at home is
Status: I'm still working on this one. I visited a few and they weren't really what I was looking for in a store so the hunt continues.
- Go outside more even if it is just to read
Status: Not really happening yet, but that's because I hate the heat and it's been pretty bad lately. It's either a million degrees or raining.
- Keep in contact with all of my friends is one of the easier goals on this list, but sometimes I need to remind myself to do this
Status: Going surprisingly well
- Read more news in order to help myself be more knowledgeable about the world
Status: I'll be honest, I completely forgot about this goal. I shall get on it now.
- See family; by which I mean make it a priority to see extended family even if I'm not in the mood because they are important people
Status: At the beginning of the summer I pushed myself to make sure this happened... and my anxiety and depression got the better of me because of it. I'm taking it a little slower and trying to limit it to every other week or so, but things have gotten much better. I'm going to a cousin's graduation this weekend!
- RELAX it's summer; I need to remind myself of this
Status: I need to continue to remind myself of this. I think I might set aside a certain time each week just to do nothing.
So here's how my goals have been going. How has your summer been?