Saturday, January 30, 2016

Weekly Wrap Up & Book Haul

So, last night was fun! (read: heavy sarcasm)  One of my friends twisted his ankle (it was bent at a strange angle *shudders*) so we sent to him to the hospital and two of my other friends went with.  I haven't had any updates- which is good, it means he's fine.  And honestly, I knew he would be, we all did, because he bounces back from these things.  Still, it had me a little stressed out.

On a more positive note, my parents are visiting today!  I think my grandmother might be coming with, too.  It'll be nice to see them since it's been about five weeks since I saw them last.

Currently Reading
You Were Here is taking up the brunt of my time, and it's nice to be reading contemporary coming off of epic fantasy.  I'm also reading the second book in the Bentwhistle series.  After I finish You Were Here I'll be starting Passenger.

Finished this Week
I finished Beyond the Shadows and I just don't have words for this one right now.  A review will be coming.

Currently Listening To
Finally added an iTunes gift card that's just been sitting on my desk and decided to download a butt-ton of MatchboxTwenty and Rob Thomas, because they were literally my childhood.

Last Week
Sunday-- Sunday Comics

This Week
Sunday-- Sunday TV, January Wrap Up
Monday-- February TBR, Blogging Tips
Tuesday-- Review of A Thousand Pieces of You
Wednesday-- Waiting on Wednesday
Thursday-- February Pre-Orders
Saturday-- Wrap Up & Haul

Haul
This one is huge, let me just warn you in advance.  I've managed to stick to my 100 days book buying ban so far (91 days left!) but several packages of books have finished rolling in.  A couple of these are pre-orders, but most of them are the reason I needed a ban in the first place.

FOR REVIEW
Devil and the Bluebird This one caught my eye as soon as I saw it and I look forward to reading it soon.  It's the kind of book I'm in the mood for right now, honestly.

EBOOKS
The Dark Days Club The description for this one reminds me of Infernal Devices, one of my favorite series of all time, so I'm rather interested in this one.
Night Study I have every book in this series that has been published so far but haven't read a single one.  I really hope to change that by binge-reading them all.  Maybe over the summer??

GRAPHIC NOVELS/MANGA
Showdown on Smuggler's Moon I'm a big fan of these new Star Wars comics, so of course I had to preorder this volume.  I can't wait to dig in!
Horimiya Vol. 2 I'm currently reading this right now and loving it, of course.
Noragami Vol. 10 Volume ten already?!  Wow, this series sure flies by!  I know this volume is going to break my heart... but that's ok.

FROM AMAZON AND BARNES & NOBLE
Warriors Box Set So, this series (and the series' after it) were my childhood, and I was feeling super nostalgic, so I bought the new box set of the first six.  I actually plan to re-read these and do mini-reviews to see how I like them now.
The Siren This book is so pretty!  I love the shimmery cover so much!  The biggest drawback- I managed to leave finger prints all over it without realizing. Still super excited to read this one.
Ruin and Rising And now I own all the books in the Grisha trilogy.  Time to binge the last two!
The Kiss of Deception and The Heart of Betrayal I've had my eye on these for a while and now I have them!  I don't know when I'll get to them exactly, but it probably won't be long.
The Novice Another one that has had my attention for some time.  I plan to read this shortly.
The Jewel Have you noticed the trend yet?  I've had my eye on this for a while and I'm eager to give it a try.  It strikes me as a cross between Wither and the Selection, two books I love.
Six of Crows The most exciting book I received this week, hands down.  I'm absolutely looking forward to this one and cannot wait to start it.

2 comments:

  1. I'm really interested in Devil and the Bluebird and The Dark Days Club. Can't wait to hear what you think of them! The Dark Days Club reminds me of TID, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Devil and the Bluebird sounds like it will either blow me away or disappoint me.

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you and try to respond to comments once or twice a week. Thank you for your patience :)