Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday: The Neverland Wars

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine.  Click here to join in on the fun.
This week I'm waiting on The Neverland Wars by Audrey Greathouse
Here's the description taken from Goodreads:
Magic can do a lot—give you flight, show you mermaids, help you taste the stars, and… solve the budget crisis? That's what the grown-ups will do with it if they ever make it to Neverland to steal its magic and bring their children home.
However, Gwen doesn't know this. She's just a sixteen-year-old girl with a place on the debate team and a powerful crush on Jay, the soon-to-be homecoming king. She doesn't know her little sister could actually run away with Peter Pan, or that she might have to chase after her to bring her home safe. Gwen will find out though—and when she does, she'll discover she's in the middle of a looming war between Neverland and reality.
She'll be out of place as a teenager in Neverland, but she won't be the only one. Peter Pan's constant treks back to the mainland have slowly aged him into adolescence as well. Soon, Gwen will have to decide whether she's going to join impish, playful Peter in his fight for eternal youth… or if she's going to scramble back to reality in time for the homecoming dance.
Why I'm Waiting
Peter Pan.  That's it.  Two words and I was sold on this book.  And honestly, it sounds like a book I would have picked up a few years ago, and I'm in the mood for something almost nostalgic like this.

This book releases May 9th, 2016


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
While you're here I implore you to check out my current giveaways!  I'm giving away any book from Book Depository that $20 or under.  Best of luck! 

7 comments:

  1. Peter Pan has become all the rage these days hasn't it? I hadn't heard of this one. Not so sure about it, but I'll keep my eye on it.

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I'm always a little wary about picking them up because they've become a dime a dozen at this rate, but this one sounded really good actually.

      Delete
  2. Sounds interesting - I've been looking forward to Unhooked myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unhooked does look good! I'm waiting to see some reviews before I decided to pick that one up, though.

      Delete
  3. Wow, just stumbled onto this post! For what it's worth, I think it's a great book...but you should probably take my opinion with a grain of salt ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. LOL I'm really looking forward to it! Hopefully when I go home this summer, I can pick it up from my library :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you and try to respond to comments once or twice a week. Thank you for your patience :)