Thursday, May 21, 2015

TV Review: Bravest Warriors

This isn't a proper TV review since this is a Youtube show.  It's on Cartoon Hangover and is created by the same guy behind Adventure Time (which I don't watch).  I stumbled on Bravest Warriors on accident, but it's one of the happiest accidents in my life.  It takes a few episodes, probably three, but once you get into the swing of it you won't be able to turn it off.  I raced through the show in only a few days, and that was because I was busy.


The show follows four teenagers who serve as hero's for hire.  It's a science fiction-fantasy show that's part comedy, part drama, and part a commentary on the typical tropes found in this genre.  The mythology of the series evolves well over time, and as the story progresses you see how it weaves together so well.  It may seem disconnected at the beginning but the season two finale really hints at something much greater.

The side characters, like Catbug or Wankershim, will steal your heart.  You'll find yourself quoting the show and screaming "Rebekah!" while those around you stare at you strangely.  I promise.  The evolution of characters is natural and not what you'd expect.  The voices are pretty great, too.

If you're anything like me, you'll be dying for season three the moment you finish all the episodes.  The third season is on it's way, but not quickly enough in my opinion.  I didn't assign a rating to this show because it's a bit of an unconventional review for me, but it's certainly worth five stars or an A+.

To help get you hooked, here's the first episode:
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you and try to respond to comments once or twice a week. Thank you for your patience :)