Saturday, May 16, 2015

Weekly Wrap-Up and Book Haul

Hey guys, so an apology for being absent from the internet the past two days.  I meant to get a review of Halo Bound up, but that has been moved, and so has the TV Talk I had planned.  I'm an editor at my school newspaper and have been killing myself for this final issue (I don't want to complain about it here).  It's kept me in a pretty bad mood and I haven't had the time or motivation to post on the blog.

The only thing I managed to finish this week was Alienated.  I did catch the finale of Arrow, though I haven't wrapped my head around it completely yet.  If you're a fan of the show and want to talk, please reach out because I'd love to chat about what a strange season it was.

Last week I mentioned that I was playing an app, Monument Valley, and it was so much fun and had a very interesting story.  It's a puzzle app, and only .99 cents.  Definitely worth it.  In other app news, I got the Tamagotchi app because I used to have some as a kid and it brings back so many memories.  Another app I very much recommend.

For TV shows, I've been trying to catch up and finish Person of Interest, though I don't know if I'll review it at all.  It's one of my favorite shows on TV.  I've also started watching X-Files with the intent to catch up before the show comes back in January (I think it's January) for an encore presentation.

As for my reading, I'm still reading The Girl at Midnight, but I should finish it in the top half of this week.  I'm also still reading Daredevil Ultimate Collection, but don't expect me to finish that anytime soon.  I read about an issue from it a day in order to make it last.  If I finish Girl at Midnight I will be reading Proven Guilty, which I can't imagine I'll finish this week.  If I somehow do, I'll be starting Angelfall.

Here's this week's plan:
Sunday- "Sunday Comics" 
Monday- 3 (More) DNF Reviews
Tuesday- Top Ten Tuesday
Wednesday- Waiting on Wednesday and a review of Stardust
Thursday- What's Next (eBook edition) and a review of Bravest Warriors
Friday- 5 star review of Halo Bound
Saturday- Wrap-Up and Book Haul

Speaking of book haul's, I had a pretty good one this week.  I'm very happy with what I picked up.

I picked up four comics, all digital, and two of them were free.  The two I paid for were
 I've already read She-Hulk, this issue being part of the Civil War story line.  I liked this one enough to maybe read more of the character.  We'll see.  I haven't gotten to the Birds of Prey one, yet, but I've wanted to read some of this series for a long time, so one could say I was looking forward to it.
 I miss the show Young Justice and when I saw that this comic was free I couldn't help snatching it up.  I think it may contain spoilers for another story I'm reading, though, so it may be a while before I get to it.  As for Astro City, I've never heard of it before.  It was free and sounded good, so I'm willing to give it a try.

I picked up three other eBooks, all of which you can expect to see me read shortly.

So that's all for me this week.  How did your weeks go?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you and try to respond to comments once or twice a week. Thank you for your patience :)