Saturday, May 2, 2015

April Wrap-Up and Housekeeping

What a week guys.  I mean, Age of Ultron came out (I've already seen it three times, no lie), I had a party that I went to (it went way into the morning) and then another party the next day.  Those two have left me with a lot of stress and very little time to blog or read.  I am in the middle of Stardust still, and I'm absolutely loving it.  It's exactly what I needed to get me out of the slouch my last two books left me in.  I did a few reviews last week, but rather than post the links in this "weekly" section, I'll be putting them with the whole month in review just below.

I feel like I got more done than I actually did.  I spent a lot of time reading, but it was slow reading and my mind was mush.

Book Reviews
Tithe 5 Stars
Betrayed by Your Kiss 5 Stars
Wild Born 4 Stars

Comic/Graphic Novel/Manga Reviews
Birthright-Homecoming 5 Stars
Seraph of the End Vol. 1-3 4 Stars
Copperhead- A New Sheriff in Town 4 Stars
Batman and Son 3.25 Stars
The Mechanics Song/The Scarlet Letter/The Adventures of Basil and Moebius DNF

TV Reviews
Daredevil (Season One)A+
Agent Carter (Season One) A

Services
Loot Crate 

Interestingly enough, my review of Seraph of the End received the most views this month.  Which makes me think you guys would like to see more manga reviews.  I'm happy to oblige, and plan on adding more series to my reading and reviewing diet.  If you have some to recommend, or some you want to know about before you pick up, I'm all ears and feel free to reach out.

I'm also changing my TBR policy for now.  Every month I've made a TBR that I don't really stick to.  I can give you a general idea of the next few books I want to read, but I can't tell you more than that.  I want to start to go with the flow more with reading and not feel as locked into what I said earlier in a month.  So, for this coming week, expect to see me finish Stardust and start Alienated.  If I manage to finish that, I'll be starting The Girl at Midnight.  On the graphic novel front, I'm starting Hawkeye: Little Hits because I'm in an Avengers mood.  I'm fairly certain I'll finish that this week as well.  I'll also be stopping by my library to pick up some manga, which you'll see in next weeks book haul.  I'm going to start watching Orphan Black this week (probably only one episode) and I've been watching Bravest Warriors on Youtube.  When I finish that I'll get a review up.

As for what I picked up this week, it's a small haul.

Shannon in the Lions Den
This is the prequel to Halo Bound which is amazing (!!!) and I couldn't resist.  I can't wait to dive into it- it will be soon.









I also picked up a few comics- the first issue of Civil War to help prepare for the next Captain America movie (which is far away, I know); and the first issue in the Cassandra Cain Batgirl series.  I've wanted to read this one for a while, so I'm excited to see where the character goes.
 That's all for today (and I know it was a lot).  I'll be seeing you guys soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you and try to respond to comments once or twice a week. Thank you for your patience :)