Saturday, May 30, 2015

Weekly Wrap-Up and Weekly Book Haul

So, this was a pretty great week.  I actually graduated high school yesterday, and while it was a little bittersweet, I'm happy it's over.  So, it's summer break now, which means more reading time.  And watching TV time.  And movie time.  I never really sit down for movies during the school year because it just feels like a time waster.  Today alone I've watched Return of the Jedi and Princess Diaries.  It's great to just relax.  I've also started some major cleaning and am deciding whether I should rearrange my bookshelves.  Either way, I want to take some photo's, or maybe even record a video, and give you a "tour" of my shelves at some point in the near future.

So I finished reading Hunted this week, which is the second book in the Spirit Animals series.  I also finished the first volume of the Daredevil Ultimate Collection and have moved on to reading Thor: Goddess of Thunder.  When I finish that (which I will shortly) I'll be beginning X-Wing Rogue Squadron, a (now non canon) Star Wars graphic novel.  I'm about a third of the way through Proven Guilty, but I'll race through and finish that one this week.  Then I'll be able to pick up Angelfall and, hopefully, A Court of Thorns and Roses.  TV-wise, my plan is to finish season ten of Supernatural this week and start watching The Messengers.  I know that show was cancelled already, but I want to give it a try regardless.

Here's what I'll be posting this week:
Sunday- "Sunday Comics" (with 15 reviews)
Monday- Review of The Girl at Midnight
Tuesday- Top Ten Tuesday
Wednesday- Waiting on Wednesday
Thursday- Reviews of Arrow, the Flash, and the Legends of Tomorrow trailer; What's Next
Friday- Review of Hunted
Saturday- Wrap-up and Book haul

And I did snag a pretty decent sized haul this week.  I refrained from picking up to many comics, and only got the first issue of Silk, which I've read and really enjoyed.

I also got three ebooks, one of which was a pre-order (The Lady Hellion) and another that has me drooling, I'm so excited to start it (Hell Bent).

Finally, I got Thor in a really nice hardcover edition that also comes with a free digital copy.  Didn't know about the digital copy, but super happy about that.

So, yes, a pretty good week.  How was yours?

5 comments:

  1. Ooooo I ADORED The Distance Between Us. It's funny you say you don't have time for movies during high school, coz I used to rent 10 movies a week and watch them. You were obviously a better student than me haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I probably did have more time for movies, but when it came to choosing whether to read or watch, I always went with read. I'm super excited to start the Distance Between Us- hopefully I'll get to it soon. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I liked The Distance Between Us - it was a great summer read!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to it! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on finishing school!! My son enjoys the Spirit Animal books as well.
    The Distance Between Us has been on my TBR list for a while.

    I hope you enjoy all of your new books and thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you and try to respond to comments once or twice a week. Thank you for your patience :)