Saturday, July 25, 2015

Weekly Wrap Up and Book Haul

I've had one very interesting week.  I saw Ant-Man with a friend on Sunday, and then on Wednesday I saw Inside Out with a different friend.  That same day my dog had a small surgery, where they removed a non-cancerous growth on his side that kept opening up.  He's got three stitches now, that for some reason, glow in the dark.  He's being a very good boy and not picking at them at all.  At the movie theater, I also managed to break my tooth, which weighed down the rest of the week a lot.
Luckily it's the tooth that I had a root canal in a year ago or so, so there's no pain since there's no root left.  It's just been a pain and has sort of weighed on my conscious.  I did go to the Dentist, who said I'll need a crown for the tooth.  The best news is that I'll have all the work done before I leave for college, so I won't have to worry about it there.

I did have another stroke of bad luck this week, as well.  I was meant to write a review of Soul Eater for Thursday, but I didn't get it done that day.  I sat down yesterday to write it and when I was done hit publish only to find it all completely deleted.  I was not a happy camper and made the executive decision to just not write the review.  Suffice it to say, I really hated the book and didn't have the energy to put that thought into writing again.  I gave 1.5 stars and won't be continuing the series.  If someone really does want me to write a review of it so they get my in-depth thoughts, I will, but otherwise I won't be giving this series any more thought.

I read so much this week!  I finished three graphic novels, one of which was an egalley.  These were The Promise: Part 1, Autumnlands: Tooth and Claw, and The Batgirl of Burnside.  I will be writing reviews for all three in the coming weeks.  I also managed to finish two novels that I absolutely loved, Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman and House of Hades by Rick Riordan.  Those will also get reviews in the coming weeks.  Right now I'm reading Blood of Olympus and want to finish it this weekend.  When that's done I'll be reading The Mermaid's Sister and if I finish that as well I'll be picking up The Throne of Fire.

I've been a bit lack on watching TV, but I have been reading a ton of comics, particularly Young Avengers and have a mission today to go to my local Half Price Books to find some copies of old Young Avengers comics.  We'll see if that actually happens.  Here's what I plan to post for the rest of the week:
Sunday- Sunday TV (Similar to Sunday Comics)
Monday- Review of Shannon in the Lions Den
Tuesday- Review of Inside Out
Wednesday- Waiting on Wednesday
Thursday- Review of Hellboy: Seed of Destruction and a TV Talk
Friday- Review of Son of Neptune and Friday 56
Saturday- Wrap Up and Book Haul

So that's the plan and assuming I don't break any more teeth, I'll stick to it.

I got more books than I planned to at the beginning of the week, but I'm actually very, very happy with this haul.  Not to say that I'm unhappy with other hauls, but this one just leaves me feeling very satisfied for some reason.

I got two ebooks, both meant for young readers, but both I'm eager to begin.
 Edge of the Galaxy is a Star Wars Rebels tie in and tells the story of a side character, Zare.  Pip Bartlett's Guide to Magical Creatures is a book I was highly anticipating for a long time.  It has an adorable cover and is written by some of my favorite authors.

Surprisingly, I only picked up one graphic novel this week, and that would be the third volume of Hawkeye: LA Woman.
This volume follows Kate and her adventures in LA.  I'm very much looking forward to where this takes her character.

Barnes and Noble has been having a manga sale so I couldn't stop myself... I got the next three volumes of Noragami.
Sorry for my crappy photo.  I tried to take a better one, but this is the only one that sort of turned out.

And, finally, a book I'm dying to read.  Drum roll please...
That's right, I got Star Wars: A New Dawn.  It was the first book published now that they've set up the new canon, and follows to of my favorite characters ever!  I can't wait to dive into this, but even if I put it at the top of my TBR pile, I have a few I need to get to first.  Expect to see me read this as soon as I can.

So that's all for me this week.  What books have you picked up?  I'd love to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you and try to respond to comments once or twice a week. Thank you for your patience :)