Sunday, October 4, 2015

Sunday TV

Sunday TV is something I do every other week to highlight the shows I've been watching lately.  Fall TV has finally started to pick up (one of my favorite seasons of the year!) and so I've got a lot on my plate.  Keeping up on them all is going to be a bit difficult, but I like all the shows (with one exception) so I don't think it will actually end up being that hard.


Episodes 9X01-9X02 of Doctor Who
Titles: "The Magician's Apprentice" and "The Witch's Familiar"
Watch: On Demand
Rating: 4.5 Stars
Last season I was not a fan.  Within five minutes of the first episode this season, though, I could tell it was going ti get much better.  I already really like where things are headed and welcome the two-part episodes with a warm embrace.  The darker tones, the missing tension between Clara and the Doctor, and Missy's return as a much more interesting character all add to this fantastic show.

Episode 1X01 of Minority Report
Title: "Pilot"
Watch: On Demand
Rating: 4 Stars
This is a fun show.  Not a ton of depth, but all the characters are interesting and the premise is pretty easy to understand.  I really like the design of the future and love how much work was put into the setting and building of this world.  I'll stick with the show, probably for the rest of the season, but I don't think it will last very long unless it breaks out of it's projected monotony.

Episode 2X01 of Gotham
Title: "Damned if you do..."
Watch: On Demand
Rating: 2 Stars
This is the show I was talking about not liking.  I actually really hate Gotham but I stick with it in hopes of someday liking it.  I'll probably give it up this year, just not yet.  The season picks up and makes absolutely no sense- no surprise there- and all the characters are on courses that I just don't get or like.  As always, the villains stand out, but Jim just fades into the background.

Episode 1X01 of The Grinder
Title: "Pilot"
Watch: On Demand
Rating: 4.5 Stars
I love Rob Lowe from his stint on Parks and Rec. and so it's no surprise that I followed him here.  The idea is very tongue in cheek and a bunch of fun.  It's not particularly funny but it does raise my spirits to watch.  All the actors have a clear chemistry and the story doesn't feel rushed in the least.  Definitely a keeper.

Episode 1X01 of Limitless
Title: "Pilot"
Watch: CBS App
Rating: 4.5 Stars
Another keeper.  I love the actors in it and I love the premise.  I do think that Bradley Cooper showing up was a bit strange (I understand it's based off the movie he was in, but it felt rocky) and didn't really add to the plot with his cryptic messages.  Overall, I think I'll stick with this one for some very long time.

Episodes 1X01-1X02 of Blindspot
Titles: "Pilot" and "One Stray Howl"
Watch: On Demand
Rating: 4 Stars
I like this one, but I don't love it.  It's one of my most anticipated this year so I was eager to watch it, but the second episode is so close to the first in theme and plot wise that I have a bad feeling this one will become monotonous.  Hopefully it can stay out of this rut and keep me interested.

Episodes 2X20, 2X21, 2X22, 3X01 of Agents of SHIELD
Watch: On Demand
Rating: 4 Stars
I really like this show (obviously) but I let myself fall behind.  I caught up before the show's new season started thankfully and I absolutely love where it's going.  Every character seems to have their own plot, and I like them all.  The changes that the show has gone through has only made it stronger.

Episode 1X01 of Quantico
Title: "Run"
Watch: On Demand
Rating: 4.5 Stars
This one is so very good.  I would be happy with either just the flashback story or just the "live" story, but both improve the show completely.  I love it so much already and have formed many attachments to the characters already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you and try to respond to comments once or twice a week. Thank you for your patience :)