Saturday, October 3, 2015

Weekly Wrap Up and Book Haul

I'm sorry everyone, but this last week or so has been tough.  I've been trying to stay on top of everything, but it may be obvious that I failed.  Several of the posts I wanted to get out just did not get out.  So I'm setting aside quite a bit of time today to make sure I get a bit ahead, and I'm also going to change the time that I usually blog.  Normally, I actively blog in the evening, but seeing as that's getting pushed later and later, I'm going to try and do it in the mornings before my classes.  This will mean that many of my posts will be prepared ahead of time, especially the reviews, but I'll be around, actively, then.  We'll see how this works- you probably won't even notice the difference.


Finished this Week
I finished reading a few things, actually.  I got Hawkeye v Deadpool done, and I really enjoyed it, and also finished The Way of Kings.  I haven't talked much about that book, even though I was reading it for a few months, because I wasn't sure when I would finish it.  It took me about three months, only because it was so large and I wasn't sure I could dedicate as much time to it as I wanted to.  With the way of changed my reading pattern now with college starting, though, I'm not as worried.  I sat down and finished it and absolutely loved it.  I'll be starting the sequel very soon.

Currently Reading
I'm currently reading Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell, which I very much expected since it's a huge book.  I do expect to finish it this week and I will then start Rarity from the Hollow a review book I received from the author.  I don't think that one will take me very long, and I hope to start it before the week is out since I'm going home next weekend and don't actually know how much I'll be reading.

Currently Watching
Still in the middle of The Walking Dead season one.  I actually haven't watched it in a few days, I've been too preoccupied by the other shows that are on.

Last Week
Tuesday-- Top Ten Tuesday
Friday-- Apology

This Week
Today-- Reread Review: Crown of Midnight
Sunday-- Sunday TV
Monday-- College Journey #3, Book Club Info
Thursday-- Discussion
Friday-- Friday 56, Book Review: Rook

Haul
I got more books than I meant to, this week, but there were so many sales going on I really couldn't help myself.
  • Batman: The Killing Joke kindle edition
  • Batman: The Complete Hush kindle edition
  • Batman: The Long Halloween kindle edition
  • Zeroes by Scott Westerfeld kindle edition preorder
  • East of West Vol. 1 paperback
  • Six Heirs by Pierre Grimbert kindle edition
  • The Orphan's Promise by Pierre Grimbert kindle edition
  • Shadow of the Ancients by Pierre Grimbert kindle edition
  • Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic Vol. 2 kindle edition
So maybe that's not as many as I thought.  I got the first three in honor of Batman Day (how can someone not celebrate?).  Zeroes was a preorder that came in and I'm eager to read it.  Six Heirs, Orphan's Promise, and Shadow of the Ancients are each a dollar on the kindle store for the rest of the month.  They're written by a French author and translated from the native language.  They're part of an epic fantasy series, and I'm rather eager to give it a go.  I've never read anything that was once french (although I have read things in French).


Giveaway
Yes, I'm still hosting a giveaway.  I'm giving away East of West vol. 1.  You don't have to join the book club to enter, but it'll be a lot of fun if you do!  Click here to be taken to the giveaway.

How was your week?

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean. When I first started blogging, I worked a desk job where I could blog all day if I wanted to, but when I went back to school and then started teaching, I just didn't have the time to review and blog hop like I used to. Sometimes life just needs to come first. Don't let the blog stress you out.

    On the book front, I'm really excited for Zeroes. It might need to wait until holiday break due to its size, but it sounds awesome. Hope you love all your new reads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Sometimes it helps to hear other people know that it can be stressful. I'm really excited for Zeroes, but you're right about it being a bit larger (I own the ebook copy, but I've seen the ARC copy on youtube and it looked large), so I probably won't get to it for a bit.

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you and try to respond to comments once or twice a week. Thank you for your patience :)