Friday, November 13, 2015

5 Star Audiobook/Reread Review: Red Rising (Red Rising, #1)

Author| Pierce Brown (Facebook/Twitter)  Narrator| Tim Gerard Reynolds  Rating| 5 Stars
Edition| Audible Audiobook
Related Reviews| Red Rising (Original) | Golden Son

You may remember that I read this book much earlier this year and that I absolutely fell in love.  Well, I wanted to give audiobooks a whir, and this seemed like a natural choice.  I love it as much as I did the first time, which is no surprise, plus it's narrated by one of my favorite narrators.


I'm not going to spend a lot of time actually reviewing this one since you can just check out my earlier review here.  The big change, you will notice, is me upping the rating from 4.5 to 5 stars.  On the re-read I found that it was less repetitive and enjoyed it all a bit more.  This probably had to do with me really loving the characters already and just enjoying the scenes they're in.

As for the narrator, well, he was already a favorite of mine.  He doesn't do women's voices fantastically, but it's forgivable since I've heard a lot worse.  He easily brought the whole book to life and it was like watching a movie play out in front of my eyes.  At the very end we're also treated to a wonderful version of the song that's a major part of the story.

A mark of a good book is being able to reread it again and again and never grow tired of it.  I do believe Red Rising is one of those books.  I'm going to be beginning Golden Son reread shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you and try to respond to comments once or twice a week. Thank you for your patience :)