Thursday, November 5, 2015

Graphic Novel Review: Daredevil- Born Again

Author| Frank Miller  Artist| David Mazzucchelli  Rating| 4.5 Stars
Edition| Kindle eBook

For those of you who have been around the blog any time in the past year have probably noticed that I absolutely adore Daredevil.  I've reviewed quite a few Daredevil graphic novels this year, and while some of them aren't that great, others are fantastic.  This aligns with the latter and is probably the second best that I've read.


Daredevil: Born Again is one for the feels.  When Kingpin learns of Daredevil's secret identity, he sets out to destroy Matt's life.  And.... succeeds.  Matt spirals into a pit of depression and madness and must find his way back out in order to save the city he loves.

Born Again was dark and emotional.  Many of the major characters are featured here, but with a focus on "real" people and not costumed ones.  I like the change.  I'm a fan of investigating both sides of superheroes and wish that more time was dedicated in other comics to show what their "normal" lives were like.  But I digress.

There isn't much I can say about this story, not because I don't wish to give anything away, but because it's not something that's easily told.  Graphic novels function in a very visible way and can't always be described with only words, so I'm struggling to articulate.

What I can say is this: if you're a fan of Daredevil, whether from the comics or the show, you'll very much enjoy this story.  It's a must read for any Daredevil fan, and very good even if he's not your favorite.  To add it to your goodreads click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you and try to respond to comments once or twice a week. Thank you for your patience :)