Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Summer (Mostly Bookish) Goals

Is it finally summer? The answer is YES! I actually wrote this post a few days ago, but as of today (the first) I'm done with school until September! And, besides (hopefully *fingers crossed*) getting a job, I have a pretty much free summer.  And a free summer equals a summer full of reading.  I thought I'd talk about what some of my reading goals for this summer are.  And, for those curious, I included some of my other personal goals.

The Book Related Goals
- Finish writing my current WIP, dubbed, at the moment, "The Queen's Ransom"
- Reread the Harry Potter series because, can you believe it, I haven't reread these books in years!
- Read the Poison Study series; I've been saving this one for this summer and already have all the published books on my kindle waiting for an epic marathon
- Read The Chronicles of Narnia; I've never read these, either, but I feel like it's time; a friend of mine recommended that I listen to the audiobooks, so that might be the way I go
- Buy a Camera; this may not seem book related, but I actually want one so that I can take some really nice pictures for Instagram and the blog (and maybe Youtube videos someday...?)
- Focus more on Instagram; this goes along with the previous goal; basically I just want to devote more time to what I put out on Instagram because these last few months I've been very poor on there
- More original content on Tumblr is pretty self-explanatory; if you have any ideas for what you might like to see on my Tumblr please let me know!
- Catch up on ARCS because I am so far behind and I feel awful about it

The Non-Book Related Goals
- Cut Hair is just a reminder that I need a haircut so that I can take a proper profile picture instead of my dog (LOL but he'll probably be in the picture, too)
- Get a job preferably at a book store
- Working Out is part of my plan to lose some weight and I also want to Eat Healthier because I feel sluggish all the time lately
- Learn a language and it will probably be either Russian or American Sign Language (for two very different reasons)
- Start going to Church again because I unfortunately fell away from the habit while at school and I really miss attending Mass
- Catch Up on TV because I haven't watched anything in ages!
- Locate a comic book store and frequent it; I have one at school that I adore, but I don't actually know where my local one at home is
- Go outside more even if it is just to read
- Keep in contact with all of my friends is one of the easier goals on this list, but sometimes I need to remind myself to do this
- Read more news in order to help myself be more knowledgeable about the world
- See family; by which I mean make it a priority to see extended family even if I'm not in the mood because they are important people
- RELAX it's summer; I need to remind myself of this

10 comments:

  1. Good luck on all of your goals, Sam! I'm hoping to read a lot of books, keep up with Instagram and my blog, and get a job so I can buy more books. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you succeed with your goals as well!

      Delete
  2. Nice! I need to finish all of the published books in the study series. I'm working my way through the Glass Series as it is so I can get to the Soulfinder Series (oh gosh why are there so many??).

    I'm taking a quick break from my WIP in June. I think I'll probably do Camp NaNo in July tho to try and finish up. My brain doesn't want to work right now haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are just a billion but I'm so ready to dive in!

      I've been considering Camp NaNo and if I really need to kick my butt I'll probably be doing that. I know exactly how your brain feels, because I have been such a sloth these last few days. Hopefully your brain and I both get back to work!

      Delete
  3. A good set of goals - best of luck! Reading outside is great especially in the shade with a light breeze... If I have free time in the summer, I like going on bike rides or walks - with an audiobook so I can get my reading in. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my favorite sort of place to read during the summer! I just wish I had more trees at home and that bugs weren't a problem. Maybe I can convince my parents to get a hammock... I will definitely have to listen to audiobooks while riding because that's a perfect idea! I seem to always forget audiobooks are an option, even though I have several.

      Delete
  4. Those are some good goals to set! I also haven't read the Harry Potter series in years. I keep wanting to but there are so many books coming out! Working in a book store is the dream, I hope you find one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to finish rereading them before the new one comes out at the end of July. My fingers are crossed that I'll get a job at the bookstore, but as long as I get a job I think I'll be happy. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Good luck on achieving your goals! You have some really great goals there, and I admit, I'm curious what your WIP is about! Right now I have a summer job that's taking up a high percentage of my time, so I don't think I'll complete any of my goals, but I wish you luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My WIP is an original fairy tale meets pokemon sort of thing (which sounds rather strange when I explain it, LOL). Hopefully you accomplish some of your goals, even if you're working! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you and try to respond to comments once or twice a week. Thank you for your patience :)