Sunday, April 26, 2015

Weekly Wrap-Up and Book Haul

What an... interesting week.  I had planned to have two books finished by now (Crown for Cold Silver and What's Left of Me) but because of some behind the scenes stuff, that didn't work out.  Hopefully I will finish them this week, but the reviews won't be coming for some time (sorry.  I love them both so far!).

If you missed it on the blog, I did review Loot Crate which isn't a book, but is a pretty cool subscription service!  I really am sorry about lack of book reviews.  I'll have a review of Copperhead (a graphic novel) and Agent Carter (a tv show) out soon.  In other tv news, I talked about some pilots I'm excited for here and how you can help save Constantine here.  These are my top ten favorite authors, if you're wondering; and I'm waiting on A Gathering of Shadows.

Book buying wise, I went way overboard.  It's only because I'm still coming off of a ban.  I've got a tone of books to read now (not that I ever really lacked them) and for the most part, in the coming months my hauls will be smaller or from the library.  Here are the books I picked up:

For Review
From a Distant Star by Karen McQuestion
The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Grey (I'll be reading this early next month)
Twisted Dark vol. 1 by Neil Gibson (which I've already DNF'd)
Shadowshift by Peter Giglio (another I'll get to very soon)








E-Books
Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch (so happy to finally have a copy!)
The Bane by Keary Taylor (I saw it was compared to Terminator)
Daredevil: Guardian Devil by Kevin Smith (still going through withdrawal)
Daredevil: The Ultimate Collection by Bendis and Maleev (withdrawal)
Not Quite Dead by Lyla Payne
The Decaying Empire by Laura Thalassa (actually got an egalley, but then the preorder came in so now I have a finished copy, too; can't wait to read this one)
The Dust of 100 Dogs by AS King (I LOVE pirates)
The Rest Falls Away by Colleen Gleason
The Outlaws of Sherwood by Robin McKinley (robin hood retelling? yes!)
The Long Earth by Terry Pratchett and Stephen Baxter
The Lost Gate and The Gate Thief by Orson Scott Card
The first six books in the Charley Davidson series by Darynda Jones, which are First Grave on the Right, Second Grave on the Left, Third Grave Dead Ahead, Fourth Grave Beneath my Feet, Fifth Grave Past the Light, and Sixth Grave on the Edge








Paperback
Hawkeye: Little Hits (this will be one of my very next reads; I can't believe I waited this long to pick it up)










What did you pick up this week?  I hope your wallet isn't hurting as bad as mine. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you and try to respond to comments once or twice a week. Thank you for your patience :)