Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: An Ember in the Ashes

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted over at Breaking the Spine.

This week I'm waiting on An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir.  It doesn't come out until April 28th (I don't know if I can wait that long!) and sounds right up my alley.  But allow me to let Goodreads do the talking:
Set in a terrifyingly brutal Rome-like world, An Ember in the Ashes is an epic fantasy debut about an orphan fighting for her family and a soldier fighting for his freedom. It’s a story that’s literally burning to be told.
LAIA is a Scholar living under the iron-fisted rule of the Martial Empire. When her brother is arrested for treason, Laia goes undercover as a slave at the empire’s greatest military academy in exchange for assistance from rebel Scholars who claim that they will help to save her brother from execution.
ELIAS is the academy’s finest soldier—and secretly, its most unwilling. Elias is considering deserting the military, but before he can, he’s ordered to participate in a ruthless contest to choose the next Martial emperor.
When Laia and Elias’s paths cross at the academy, they find that their destinies are more intertwined than either could have imagined and that their choices will change the future of the empire itself.
That just sounds so awesome!  I'm in the mood for a good romance that's still set in a fantasy setting and I wish that I didn't have to wait to get my hands on this.  The title, too, sounds interesting.  The implications of such a title... Does it remind anyone of the phrase "Diamond in the rough"?

Anyways, leave a comment below with a link to your WoW and I'll check it out!

2 comments:

  1. OMG!!! Yes I'm desperate for this book as well!! Isn't the cover just so gorgeous!! I'm a lover of fantasy as well and I just can't wait to get my hands on this book!!

    Betsy @ I Sold My Soul For Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been hearing A LOT about this and I'm quite excited about it. Plus, it has a stunning cover!

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you and try to respond to comments once or twice a week. Thank you for your patience :)