Saturday, February 7, 2015

A (late) WoW, FIF, and Readathon

So, I may have been much busier this week than I thought I would be.... Which means I didn't get the chance to post my weekly meme's.  So, I'm doing that now.

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted over at Breaking the Spine and offers readers a chance to showcase the books they're drooling over.  This week I'm waiting on The Witch Hunter by Virginia Boecker.
This is a bit of a long wait- the book doesn't release until early June- but I think it sounds worth it.  Here's the description from Goodreads:
The magic and suspense of Graceling meet the political intrigue and unrest of Game of Thrones in this riveting fantasy debut.
Elizabeth Grey is one of the king's best witch hunters, devoted to rooting out witchcraft and doling out justice. When she's accused of being a witch herself, Elizabeth is arrested and sentenced to die at the stake. Salvation comes from a man she thought was her enemy. Nicholas Perevil, the most powerful wizard in the kingdom, offers her a deal: he will save her from execution if she can track down the person who laid a deadly curse on him.
As she's thrust into the world of witches, ghosts, pirates, and all-too-handsome healers, Elizabeth is forced to redefine her ideas of right and wrong, of friends and enemies, and of love and hate.
So it sounds like it may be a little hyped, and I have in fact noticed quite a few books this year being compared to Graceling and Game of Thrones.  Regardless, it sounds like a lot of fun.  What books are you waiting on this week?

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

First Impression Friday is a meme I've started where I choose a book I've recently gotten hold of or plan to read soon and whatever impression I have without cracking it open.  This week I'm showcasing The 100 by Kass Morgan.  I haven't started the show yet, but I have every intention of it. My goal is to read the first book then watch the first season and compare.  I don't know if there's a correlation or not, but it could be fun.
I have heard lackluster things about the book, and about the first season of the show, but season two is supposed to be phenomenal, and I'm hoping if I can plow through this one, the rest of the series will follow suit.

I have a general idea of what this book's about- juvenile delinquents are sent to earth after a hundred years away to decide whether it can be repopulated.  I think there may be savages on earth, too?  Anyways, lots of hardships and lots of relationships.  Looking forward to it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

So, as far as the readathon I mention in the title, I'm planning on hosting one!  My friend has been begging me to read Red Rising and Golden Son by Pierce Brown, and since I don't exactly have anyone to spend Valentine's Day with, I thought I'd host one over that weekend.  So, from Friday, February 13th, through Tuesday, February 17th, I'll be binge-reading the two books in the series.  Please join me!  And use the #ReadRising on twitter and tumblr so we can all interact.  Please, please, please read along with me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you and try to respond to comments once or twice a week. Thank you for your patience :)