Sunday, February 22, 2015

CD Review: Smoke + Mirrors

Artist| Imagine Dragons

I'm actually a pretty big Imagine Dragons fan, if you weren't aware.  I loved their debut album, Night Visions, and their first single after that, Monster, but after that I felt like everything fell to pieces.  It wasn't that their music was bad, but it seemed to be drifting away from my tastes.  My dad prompted me to pre-order this album, though, and I took heed of his advice.  I'm so glad I did.

The album was immediately stunning and new.  They're a great band when you're looking for something that the radio isn't playing.  Honestly, the music making it into my radio stations is getting on my nerves and Smoke + Mirrors is a wonderful refresher.

I must point out that my favorite songs are Smoke + Mirrors, Polaroid, and Friction, while Shots, Trouble, and Hopekess Opus are quick seconds.  I'd give this album a A, and recommend that you pick it up immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you and try to respond to comments once or twice a week. Thank you for your patience :)