Sunday, April 12, 2015

Weekly Wrap-Up and Book Haul

I spent most of my weekend marathoning Daredevil on Netflix, and let me say, it was amazing.  I didn't have much reading time because of this, but I don't really mind treating myself.  You'll see my review come soon.

In case you missed it last week, I did a review of Batman and Son and Tithe, talked about how I would love to return to these ten worlds, am waiting for Welcome to Nightvale, need your help deciding what to watch next, and also talked a little about some books I've DNF'd.

With the coming week you'll see reviews for Wild Born, Daredevil, Seraph at the End, and Birthright.  As long as I can keep up this reading pace you should see at least two reviews a week.  It's my goal.

This is my first week free of a book buying ban in over a month, so I splurged a little.  Here's what I picked up:

I don't think I'll get to this one until the summer, but it's on sale on the kindle store, so I thought why not.  I liked the first one enough and would like to finish the series.  I've heard great things about the series but wasn't blown away with book one, so hopefully it goes uphill from here.

I've been reading the hell out of my guilty pleasure lately, and this is another kindle deal.  The cover is just gorgeous, too.  I'm thinking it's a Cinderella retelling?

My local HPB carries most of these books in the UK edition and when I stopped by I couldn't help picking the beauty up (I plan to collect the series in both formats).  I'm reading this one next month and I'm super excited.

Another purchase from stop at HPB.  After reading Tithe I couldn't stop myself.  Holly Black's writing is so good.  I was nervous about picking this up sooner because the premise sounds just like Blood of Eden but I've heard great things and want to read all of her works now!

This is one of the Kindle firsts for the month and I'd thought I'd give it a try.  It may be a while before I get to it, though.

Yes, yes, yes!  I finally got this one.  It was an Easter gift from my mom, so now I think I'll be starting Cress ASAP.

I've actually wanted this one for a while.  I picked it up on Kindle.  I know it's not technically canon, but it sounds really cool and I can't wait to get into it.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVED Coldest Girl! I keep wishing that there was a sequel ! I hope you love them all :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really excited to get to it! I thought I heard she hadn't totally rules out a sequel , so there's hope! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you and try to respond to comments once or twice a week. Thank you for your patience :)