Thank you Lauren from Always Me for nominating me for this award! If anyone reading this doesn't already follow her, you really should because her blog is amazing!
1. Give 11 facts about yourself
2. Answer the 11 questions set to you by who nominated you
3. Nominate 11 bloggers to receive this award
4. Ask the bloggers you've nominated to answer your own 11 questions
Bonus points: Answer questions in a vlog!
11 Facts About Me:
1. I love to bullet journal! I've always loved planners, and indulged in a personalized one last summer, but over winter break discovered the magic that is bullet journaling and have to taken to it with a passion.
2. I've always wanted to learn calligraphy, but can handwrite, surprisingly well, many different fonts and fancy letters. My own handwriting has changes dramatically several times over the course of a year, though recently I've been really fond of writing in cursive. I never thought I would use it as a skill, but now I've found it's just quicker and it looks nicer in my notes.
3. I used to take horse back riding lessons. I stopped because the commitment was too much and I wasn't very fond of the people who taught me. While learning I had several incidents that make for interesting stories... like the time I fell off of a horse and it ran away and was running through the stable and people had to catch it... or the time the horse I was riding had decided to jump (before I had learned how to handle that) and I rode it out like a pro so well that my mom thought it was just part of the lesson and was shocked to find out it was an accident.
4. I also used to learn how to play the trumpet. I had originally wanted to learn to play the violin but the instructor told me I was a natural with the trumpet. I was in fifth grade, so that was all it took to assure me I was a prodigy. I hated the instructor, though, and lessons were during the time we had silent reading in class (my favorite part of the day!) and it only took about a month for me to quit.
5. Also in fifth grade: I used to play marbles all the time! And, actually, I was really good. I got a few friends really interested and soon we had the whole class playing. At the end of the school year we had a competitive marbles competition in class and the teacher was all for it! Unfortunately I haven't played in years. I might just dig up all my marbles when I go home this summer, though...
6. When I was in seventh and eighth grade I loved playing Magic: the Gathering. I taught myself how to play and collected so many cards! (I mean, I had like 700 cards and was really in love with the game.) I didn't have anyone to play with, though, and so would just sit in my room and design decks and then play against myself for hours. A few weeks ago a friend expressed an interest in the game, so I bought a deck and relearned how to play (wasn't so hard to, either; just like riding a bike, really!) and it's been so much fun.
7. I've always wanted to be a published author, and that's till my plan (always working on some WIP or another), but I also want to work in Hollywood and be a screenwriter and director. I still plan to minor in film (as that's all that my school offers in that department) and I still want to work in movies, but my plans have changed a bit. Lately, I've been considering, after graduation (which is still several years away), to pursue a degree in library sciences or a job in editing. I think I'd be good at both of those things, but I, luckily, still have plenty of time to decide on my future.
8. I pretty much can't see anything in the dark. It has a lot to do with my depth perception (which is really, really bad). I try not to drive at night at all (though I can and I'm not a hazard, I just drive slower than I normally would) and keep a light turned on in my room until I'm tucked into bed and know I won't get up again.
9. This is actually my third book blog! Does that surprise you? I had a blog when I was in eighth grade, but it was really poor, and after a year, retired it. I had made no connections and hadn't really tried to, either. Then, in sophomore year of high school I decided to try my hand at it again, but I hadn't learned my lesson, and made no connections. When no one visits your blog it's really depressing. This time around, though, I knew I was dedicated for the long run, and I had learned from past mistakes, and here I am today! This is, by far, my favorite of the three blogs, and I'm so glad I came back to it.
10. I have been reading and writing for as long as I can remember. The first book I remember reading on my own was a book in the Droon series. My dad had read them to me at night, but then the most recent one came out and he wasn't home, so I sat down and didn't get back up until I had finished. I was really a small child, maybe third grade.
11. I've only completed two "novels" that I've worked on. One I wrote in fourth or fifth grade when I was mad at a friend. I made all of my friends super heroes and super villains and I, of course, was a super hero, and the friend I was mad at was a super villain. I wrote it in a thin spiral bound notebook and it's still probably in my room somewhere. The second novel was one I co-wrote with a friend about a parallel world where everyone has powers. She wrote the chapters from the perspective of Ebony "Eb", the female lead, and I wrote the chapters from Zander, the male lead. It's not a horrible book, but we started it Freshman year of high school and ended in the middle of Junior year, so it's really not the best work, either.
I was going to answer these in vlog format, but I just haven't had the time (sadly).
1. What is your guilty pleasure song? The Climb, by Miley Cyrus
2. Do you have any tattoos? Do you want one? No, I don't, but yes I want one. For a long time I've wanted a really, really small one behind my right ear that's just the little copyright symbol to represent that I'm an original. I've also played with the idea of a melting price tag (the scanner type one) on one of my shoulders which would mean something like you can't put a price on a person.
3. What is your favorite city? Amsterdam. I fell in love when I visited and would love to live there.
4. If you had a daughter, what would her name be? Kahlan (KAY-LAN). Yes, it's a name from Sword of Truth, but I've always loved the name and I don't think it's way out there as some names go.
5. What is your most recently discovered favorite song/favorite at the moment? Long Live, by Taylor Swift.
6. Name a place or a few places at the top of your travel bucket list. Iceland is pretty much the one place I dream of going right now.
7. How old were you when you started blogging? See my 9th fact about myself.
8. What's your favorite musical? Wicked!
9. What was your latest five star read? Siege and Storm (no review yet), though I am in the middle of A Court of Mist and Fury and that for sure will end up with five stars, I love it so much!
10. With what word would you most like people to describe you with? Nostalgic? Important. Yeah, important, even if it's only to them.
11. Tell us about a book that has changed your life! There are always books that will always mean something important to me. American Gods, Percy Jackson, and, most recently, A Court of Mist and Fury (even though I haven't finished, there are parts of this book that just mean so much to me and will always be with me).
1. Christina @ Books and Prejudice
2. Emily @ Emily Reads Everything
3. Natalie @ Netflix and Books
4. El @ So Bookalicious
5. Mariah @ Vibin With Books
6. Jessica @ The Psychotic Book Nerd
7. Lizzie @ Big Books and Grande Lattes
8. Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles
9. Shayna @ The Bibliotaph
10. Alicia @ A Kernal of Nonsense
11. Carolin @ Just Another Book Blog
My Questions For You:
1. Are you currently in school? If so, what's your favorite class? If not, what was your favorite class?
2. What has been your favorite read so far this year?
3. Do your friends (outside of the ones met in the booknerd corner of the internet) share your passion for books?
4. Do you have a tattoo? Do you plan to get one?
5. What was the first ARC you received?
6. Where is your favorite place to read?
7. What fictional character do you connect the most with?
8. What's your first memory of reading?
9. Do you like to write? What are you working on?
10. What song, when it comes on the radio, do you feel the need to sing along at the top of your lungs?
11. When do you do most of your blogging?
Well, that post took forever to write, but it was a blast!