Is it finally summer? The answer is YES! I actually wrote this post a few days ago, but as of today (the first) I'm done with school until September! And, besides (hopefully *fingers crossed*) getting a job, I have a pretty much free summer. And a free summer equals a summer full of reading. I thought I'd talk about what some of my reading goals for this summer are. And, for those curious, I included some of my other personal goals.
The Book Related Goals
- Finish writing my current WIP, dubbed, at the moment, "The Queen's Ransom"
- Reread the Harry Potter series because, can you believe it, I haven't reread these books in years!
- Read the Poison Study series; I've been saving this one for this summer and already have all the published books on my kindle waiting for an epic marathon
- Read The Chronicles of Narnia; I've never read these, either, but I feel like it's time; a friend of mine recommended that I listen to the audiobooks, so that might be the way I go
- Buy a Camera; this may not seem book related, but I actually want one so that I can take some really nice pictures for Instagram and the blog (and maybe Youtube videos someday...?)
- Focus more on Instagram; this goes along with the previous goal; basically I just want to devote more time to what I put out on Instagram because these last few months I've been very poor on there
- More original content on Tumblr is pretty self-explanatory; if you have any ideas for what you might like to see on my Tumblr please let me know!
- Catch up on ARCS because I am so far behind and I feel awful about it
The Non-Book Related Goals
- Cut Hair is just a reminder that I need a haircut so that I can take a proper profile picture instead of my dog (LOL but he'll probably be in the picture, too)
- Get a job preferably at a book store
- Working Out is part of my plan to lose some weight and I also want to Eat Healthier because I feel sluggish all the time lately
- Learn a language and it will probably be either Russian or American Sign Language (for two very different reasons)
- Start going to Church again because I unfortunately fell away from the habit while at school and I really miss attending Mass
- Catch Up on TV because I haven't watched anything in ages!
- Locate a comic book store and frequent it; I have one at school that I adore, but I don't actually know where my local one at home is
- Go outside more even if it is just to read
- Keep in contact with all of my friends is one of the easier goals on this list, but sometimes I need to remind myself to do this
- Read more news in order to help myself be more knowledgeable about the world
- See family; by which I mean make it a priority to see extended family even if I'm not in the mood because they are important people
- RELAX it's summer; I need to remind myself of this