Friday, May 29, 2015

Thoughts on Blogging and Summer Plan

So, I've been blogging for about half a year now.  And there have been ups and downs.  I just wanted to talk about what some of those were.  Mostly, I want to talk about how I'm still growing as a blogger.

Even after six months, I still make mistakes.  I run into technical errors.  I keep changing the blog lay out in small ways to find a way that fits.  It's still not a very personal blog; I use a standard background and fonts.  I haven't found a way to make it my own.  And sometimes I say the wrong thing in comments, either on this blog or another.  And sometimes I forget things that I wanted to say.  But I am growing.  I am getting better.  I am streamlining.  I am learning my way around and finally settling into the blog the way I want to.

Blogging is something that requires experience.  The better bloggers/reviewers have been around for some time.  The fact that there are any people subscribed/following the blog makes me just jump with joy.  A huge thanks to everyone who supports this blog by following.  It helps keep me driven and focused on what I'm here for.  And thank you everyone who comments- it's great to see that people are interested in what I'm saying.  Thank you to everyone who puts up with the growing pains.

This summer I plan to continue working towards a better blog.  It'll be a slow change- I'm going to work to personalize the blog with my own pictures, an updated biography, and personal headings, for example.  I'm also going to change the way I post things.  Or at least, when I post them.

Up until this point I pretty much just post a review when I get to it.  There isn't any particular day of the week, just whenever I can write it.  That's going to change.  Mondays and Fridays will be reserved for book reviews.  You should be able to at least see two a week, then, and you'll know when to stop by to check.  Tuesdays and Wednesdays will be for memes (Top Ten Tuesday and Waiting on Wednesday, respectively).  Thursdays will host other types of reviews, like shows or movies or music.  I'm going to try and cram at least two things into Thursdays- whether that's two reviews or one review and something else.  Saturdays will be for wrap-ups and book hauls, as usual.  Sunday's will be a bit of a wild card.  They'll play host to Sunday Comics every other week, and they'll also be a day for fitting in anything else I may want.  That may be another review, or it may be something completely different.

This looks like it's going to work, and I'm really excited to be implementing this.  It's just the first step in many that will help the blog.  I think this will make things more efficient.  If you have any suggestions, leave a comment.  I'd love to hear what you think.

And, again, thank you to everyone.  It means so much when you subscribe/follow, comment, or even just view a post.

2 comments:

  1. So I've been blogging about the same amount of time. I definitely have some of the same issues. I use a standard background and fonts. But I'm terrible at html so I don't really know how to change things.

    Blogging definitely takes time and experience to improve. Here's to hoping for great improvement for both of us this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, me too. I have no idea how to do much with html, but I'm going to try playing around with it and hope for the best (finger's crossed). Great to hear that there are other's who're still working on 'growing' as well. Thank you so much for stopping by.

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you and try to respond to comments once or twice a week. Thank you for your patience :)