Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books I plan to Have in My Summer Beach Bag

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the Broke and the Bookish.  Click here to be taken to their website.

This week I've put together a list of ten books/series that I'm looking forward to reading this summer.   I actually get to spend time at the beach over this fourth of July weekend and plan on having a few of these with me.

10. Barely Breathing
I read the first one about this time last year.  While it was a bit heavy, I want to see where the series goes.  It ended with one hell of a cliffhanger, to be sure.

9. The Summer I Turned Pretty
This one has been sitting on my Kindle for about two years.  And before that I was eyeing it at the library.  Maybe this is finally the summer I read it.

8. Catching Jordan
My friend raves about this one all the time.  Looking forward to reading it.

7. In Between
This was free on the Kindle awhile ago, and it still may be.  It sounds right up my alley and I'm actually surprised I haven't gotten to it sooner.

6. Paper Towns
I just picked this one up, and I'm already really excited.  I've Looking for Alaska and The Fault in Our Stars, and while I liked them, I didn't love them.  Road trip books, though, are on a whole other level, so I'm super excited for this one.

5. Lock and Key
I love Sarah Dessen, and I've been eager to start this one.  Her books just scream "summer" to me, since it was last summer that I read my firsts.  Ready to dig into many more, of which Lock and Key is only the first.

4. The Rock Star's Daughter
If the cover doesn't scream beach-read, I don't know what does.

3. On the Fence
This is another recent pick-up for me.  I haven't read anything by Kasie West yet, though I've been collecting her books for some time.  It's going to be a great summer read.

2. The Dust of 100 Dogs
My excitement for this one knows no bounds.  I love pirate stories, and for me they just seem like beach reads.  I'm hoping this lives up to everything I've heard about it.  Finger's crossed it's good.

1. The Heroes of Olympus Series
I have four of the five books now and have plans to binge read them over vacation.  These are for sure going to be read this summer and I'm so very excited.

What are your beach reads? 

22 comments:

  1. I absolutely need to read The Heroes of Olympus series too - I loved Percy Jackson so much! The Dust of 100 Dogs sounds like it would be right up my alley. I've seen The Summer I Turned Pretty quite a few times this week - is it odd that I think of the Uglies series when I see it? :)

    I hope you like Paper Towns - it's my favorite John Green novel. Thanks again for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see where you're coming from with the Summer I Turned Pretty/Uglies covers. They have similar color schemes, for sure, and now that you mention it they seem really similar. Very much looking forward to Paper Towns, I know I'll love it.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Nice list of books to read at the beach!! Here is a link to my Top Ten Tuesday post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/05/top-ten-tuesday-ten-books-i-plan-to.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely need to read Rick Riordan's series! I've been procrastinating them for too long now!

    Great list!

    My TTT:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suffer the same ailment- I keep meaning to get to them, but then I just... don't. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Have fun reading Heroes of Olympus!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/05/26/top-ten-tuesday-6/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm really looking forward to it!

      Delete
  5. I REALLY need to read The Lost Hero as well! I LOVED the Percy Jackson series, so this needs to happen.
    Also: YAY On the Fence! I love Kasie West's writing, hope you enjoy it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super excited to get to them both.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Oooh, Dust of 100 Dogs sounds kind of interesting. I'll have to check that out. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had my eye on it for a while and the cover is so pretty. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. Awesome list!! I'm currently reading Percy Jackson and the Titan's Curse and plan on continuing with Riordan's books. I loved Lock and Key and plan on reading On the Fence and Paper Towns this summer as well. I hope you enjoy all of these books and thanks for stopping by my TTT!! I followed you as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and thanks even more for following! I love the Percy Jackson series and I'm glad to find another fan. Super excited for Lock and Key, its been at the top of my pile for some time but it hasn't felt right until summer started to hit.

      Delete
  8. Good luck continuing the Percy Jackson books! I liked Lost Hero pretty well, but the series goes pretty far downhill by Blood of Olympus. That's just my opinion though, I know a lot of people love them. I hope you love the Heroes of Olympus books more than I did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a good friend who thinks it sort of deteriorates. It's been a while since I read Percy Jackson, so I'm hoping that the gap helps keep me from being disappointed. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. I just finished Paper Towns - it was good. And I definitely am adding The Summer I Turned Pretty to my TBR now - I just finished two of Han's books and I enjoyed them!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super excited about Paper Towns! I've heard it's pretty good, and it sounds right up my alley. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. Oh, I love John Green and Paper Towns is definitely on my wishlist. Let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Jenny B. Jones and I liked Catching Jordan. Great list! Thanks for stopping by mine. :)

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear you like the author; I haven't heard very much about her. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you and try to respond to comments once or twice a week. Thank you for your patience :)