Saturday, May 23, 2015

Weekly Wrap-Up and Book Haul

So, there was a bit of a hiccup earlier this week with my posting, but that should be the last time this happens for the rest of the summer.  Other than that, everything worked out pretty well, and I'm glad to be reorganized and ready to stay on top of things.  It's been a busy month- I graduate in less than a week- and haven't had a lot of time to read.  Once summer starts I'll be able to just sit and lose myself to books again, and I'm so excited.

I finally finished reading The Girl at Midnight, it took me about two weeks and was a major pain in my side.  Not because it was bad, but because it just didn't seem to end.  I'll talk about that more in my review, which will be coming up in the next couple of weeks.  I also finished watching the latest season of Person of Interest which kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time, and started catching up on Supernatural.  As soon as I finish this post I'll go back to watching Star Wars: Episode V.

This week I'll be focusing on reading Proven Guilty which I think I may be able to finish.  If I do I'll start Angelfall and if I manage to finish that I'll start reading A Court of Thorns and Roses (finally!).  I'm also about halfway through Daredevil Ultimate Collection.  It's only taken me so long because I only allow myself to read one issue a night so as not to overdose on the character.  I've done that before, and it can ruin a story.

Here's the plan for this week's posting:
Sunday- Little Hits review
Monday- Alienated review
Tuesday- Top Ten Tuesday
Wednesday- Waiting on Wednesday
Thursday- TV Talk (ABC and CBS)
Friday- Thoughts on Blogging and Summer Plans
Saturday- Wrap-up and Bookhaul
A pretty standard week.  Definitely check out the post on summer plans on Friday, though, because that will explain a few changes coming to the blog during the summer, including a new structure to how and when I post reviews.  (I'm really looking forward to implementing it.)

I had a pretty decent haul this week, nothing too extravagant. 

In comics I bought the first five issues of Children's Crusade (such a good story) and Teen Titans issue 2.  I also snagged a copy of the Bravest Warriors- Tales from the Holo John thanks to Loot Crate.

The three novels I picked up surprised me- I didn't think I'd end up with any of these when the week started.  They are Paper Towns, On The Fence, and The Scorch Trials.  Expect to see me read them all relatively soon.

So how was your week?  Let me know in the comments!

P.S. Again, I'm sorry for the lack of pictures.  My computer has been having issues and it won't let certain things load.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you and try to respond to comments once or twice a week. Thank you for your patience :)