Monday, November 9, 2015

New To You Book Club November: Cosmic Avengers Review

Author| Brian Michael Bendis  Artists| Steve McNiven and Sara Pichelli  Rating| 3.5 Stars
Edition| Paperback

Cosmic Avengers is the November book club pick of the month.  If you're curious about the club, click the tab at the top of the page for more information.  You still have the rest of the month to read this book, and I'd love to talk to you about it.


If you're a fan of Guardians of the Galaxy movie, you may find the disparity between this and that to be a bit strange.  For one, the backstory has been changed.  For another, Star-Lord is actually a Star-Lord and a prince.  After you get past these changes, though, you may find that you really enjoy it.

I enjoyed this one, though not as much as I could have hoped.  I was a fan of the film, and my enjoyment of that outweighs my enjoyment of this.  But I still plan to continue because this was very good.  All the characters are as great as I remember, and the plot was certainly interesting.  It does seem more like fantasy than science fiction, which is a plus in my book.

The art was one of the best parts.  I absolutely loved it and thought it did such a great job with all the characters.  Facial expressions were obvious and well-rendered.

Overall, though, this gets deducted from the original four stars I wanted to give it because I just don't feel the great need to talk about it.  It doesn't inspire emotions and it doesn't make me a bigger fan.  I will be continuing with this series at some point, but it's not a top priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you and try to respond to comments once or twice a week. Thank you for your patience :)