Saturday, March 19, 2016

Wrap Up (The One Where I Went to a Con... or Two)

My spring break is quickly coming to an end (I head back on Tuesday) but it's been a pretty amazing spring break.  You may remember that I said I was going to Chicago's Heroes and Villains Fanfest last Sunday, which I did, but, yesterday, I also went to C2E2.  The funny thing about C2E2 is that I only decided to go the day before the event.  It was so much fun!  They both were, but the cool thing about C2E2 is that I went for one reason alone: to meet Michael J Sullivan, one of my favorite authors (he's in my top three) and get an ARC of his new book.  I did!  And now I'm currently reading it (everything else pushed out of the way, sorry about that, but this is one of my most-anticipated of the year and another that I've been waiting for for several years).  I also signed up for First In Line's giveaway that they're doing- they said they'd be mailing me a tote full of books, so I'm rather excited!

Here are some quick photo's from my trip to Heroes and Villains Fanfest and C2E2:
The entrance
Some of the cast of Legends of Tomorrow: Arthur Darvill, Caity Lotz, Ciara Renee (the last guy is the moderator)
They were very cool to see!  I didn't get a seat for this one, but I stood in the back and it was just as good a panel there as it would have been in a chair.
This was a panel entitled Men of Arrow
Neil McDonough, Paul Blackthorne, Echo Kellum, Colin Donnell, David Ramsey, and Stephen Amell
And here's a look at just one corner of C2E2, which was huge!
And some awesome Star Wars cosplayers that were there; I'm sorry I didn't get more photos
It was such a good time, both of them, but now onto bookish things:

Finished Last Week
I finished reading Lady Midnight, which was amazing!  I will be writing both a spoiler review and a non-spoiler review, which will be up in a week or so.

Currently Reading
I'm in the middle of White Night, Last Call at the Nightshade Lounge, and Bentwhistle #2, but all that is being pushed to the side as I embark on Age of Myth.  I'm only a chapter in but I like the story very much so far.  Once I finish it I'll go back to Nightshade Lounge, which I was also enjoying.

Last Week
Thursday-- Bookshelf Tour

Next Week
Sunday-- Dragon Loyalty Award: Answers
Monday-- Black Canary Review
Tuesday-- Tell the Wind and Fire
Wednesday-- If Books Could Speak Tag
Thursday-- Totally Should've Tag
Saturday-- Wrap Up

Did you do anything exciting this week?  Did you get any awesome books?  Let me know in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had an awesome time at those two cons! :) Being in the same room as some of those people - wow!

    Can't wait to see your non-spoiler review and I am so glad that you liked it!

    I'm going to try to post my answers to the Dragon Loyalty Award tomorrow, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was a really great way to spend my spring break :) It's crazy to be there and realize the people I normally see on screen are actually, you know, real people.

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you and try to respond to comments once or twice a week. Thank you for your patience :)