Thursday, March 3, 2016

Discussion: My Thoughts on Iron Gold

It's been a while since I've done a discussion post, but I plan to bring these back!  I don't think it will be weekly, but whenever I have something I want to talk about, I will.  If you have an idea for a topic, please email me at tsundokublog(at)gmail(dot)com.

So, a few weeks ago, Pierce Brown, one of my favorite authors, announced what he would be writing now that the Red Rising trilogy is finished: he's working on another trilogy set in the same universe some time after the events of Morning Star.  And, yes, characters that survived the end of Morning Star will be around for Iron Gold.

I'm a little conflicted over this.  I'll be the first to admit that I love spin-off's- I always have.  Most of the time, too, I enjoy them.  And I'm not worried that Brown will harm his world or series with a spin-off.  If Morning Star was any indication, it'll enhance the world he has constructed ten-fold.  And, with the way the series ended, while everything was wrapped up, there are just enough loose threads that you can either continue reading with Iron Gold or stop after Morning Star.

My conflicting thoughts come here: I was really looking forward to seeing Pierce Brown write something new.  I didn't care what it was, but I was eager to see what he could pull out of his sleeve next.  And I'm not... disappointed, per say, but not as excited as I think I would have been for a completely new world.

Either way, I'll have this preordered as soon as I can, I'm that excited.

How do you feel about spinoffs in general?  How do you feel about this spinoff?  Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you and try to respond to comments once or twice a week. Thank you for your patience :)