Monday, September 21, 2015

5 Star Reread Review: Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)

Author| Sarah J Maas (Twitter/Facebook)  Edition| Hardcover (Original Cover)  Rating| 5 Stars

I love, love, love this series.  I reread it every year because I love it so much (so for those of you counting at home, yes, this is my fourth time reading this book).  And, every time I read it, I get more out of it.  It's rare to find a book that speaks to me on so many different levels and then continues to grow and change in how it speaks to me.


This time I fell in love all over again with the story.  Last year, when I read it for my third time, I was a bit bored with the story, and I was afraid, going into it this time, I would find the same thing.  I didn't.  In fact, it made me love it even more, and was the perfect book at the moment.  I'd been having a rough patch- not quite a slump, but a general "I'm bored of what I'm reading" and this helped reinvigorate me.

The one thing I really got out of this reading was her and Chaol's relationship.  Up until this point I had rather disapproved, thinking she could do better.  But, this time, I really saw how important the relationship was- to both of them.  In fact, I was a bit more empathetic for Chaol this time than I ever have been in the past.  It was a surprise- one I rather enjoyed.

Overall, it was just as good as I remember it being and I can't wait to reread it next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you and try to respond to comments once or twice a week. Thank you for your patience :)