Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: The Rest of Us Just Live Here

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine.  Click here to join in on the fun.


This week I'm spotlighting The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness.


Here's the description taken from Amazon:
A new YA novel from novelist Patrick Ness, author of the Carnegie Medal- and Kate Greenaway Medal-winning A Monster Calls and the critically acclaimed Chaos Walking trilogy, The Rest of Us Just Live Here is a bold and irreverent novel that powerfully reminds us that there are many different types of remarkable.
What if you aren't the Chosen One? The one who's supposed to fight the zombies, or the soul-eating ghosts, or whatever the heck this new thing is, with the blue lights and the death?
What if you're like Mikey? Who just wants to graduate and go to prom and maybe finally work up the courage to ask Henna out before someone goes and blows up the high school. Again.
Because sometimes there are problems bigger than this week's end of the world, and sometimes you just have to find the extraordinary in your ordinary life.
Even if your best friend is worshipped by mountain lions.
Why I'm Waiting
I tried three times to read the Chaos Walking trilogy and just never enjoyed it or could get into it.  I have read and loved A Monster Calls, though.  It was beautiful and devastating, and my brother actually has to read it for school this year so I'm sure he'll love it.  What really attracts me to this one is the description, which is something I've always been curious about, honestly.  Can't wait for this one.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
*Reminder: I have a giveaway running right now.  Click here to be taken to the giveaway where you can win one of my favorite books.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sam! I've been hearing about this book for quite sometime now. The blurb reminds me those of Andrew Smith's books. (author of Winger). Haha! I hope you enjoy reading the book once it's released! Thanks for sharing and visiting my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read anything by Andrew Smith, yet, though I really need to. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I've never read anything by this author before. This book does sound interesting. I hope you enjoy reading it.
    Thanks for stopping by My WoW.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you and try to respond to comments once or twice a week. Thank you for your patience :)