Thursday, June 11, 2015

Music Review: Lovestrong. & Summer Music Thoughts

Artist| Christina Perri

Now, I haven't done a music review in quite some time, and I know this CD came out a while ago, but I thought it was a good time to talk about it.  I will forever associate this song with summer because of what happened last year.  I was on a plane, stuck next to a complete stranger (because the airline messed with my ticket) and trying to fall asleep.  The plane had a wonderful selection of music to listen to, and I ended up listening to this.  I had it play on repeat for a couple of hours, drifting in and out of consciousness.  When I got home, I still couldn't stop humming the lyrics.

As summer faded I stopped listening to it; things grow old when you hear them so many times.  But a few weeks ago I listened to it again, and it was wonderful.  Like the song Arms says, I felt like I was home.

Lovestrong. is one of those compilations that can conjure up so many images.  The melodies are whimsical, and the words are both heartbreaking and heartwarming.  I've never come across another album like this, where I can close my eyes and let my brain wander, showing me a myriad of beautiful things.

If I had to narrow it down to only a few favorites, Bang Bang Bang, Mine, and The Lonely stand out immediately, though I love the whole thing to death.

I only bring up these thoughts because it is summer (finally!) and that means summer music.  I've already found a few songs that just get my pulse racing and my heart flying.  They reek of summer in every word, and they're played throughout the season.  On one hand, it's pretty nice, getting these perky and fun songs that the winter seems to lack.  On the other, I feel like they're washed out within days of replay.

Are there any songs that have jumped out at you this summer?  And have you ever just listened to an album and enjoyed it as thoroughly as I have this one?  Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you and try to respond to comments once or twice a week. Thank you for your patience :)