Saturday, June 6, 2015

Weekly Wrap Up and Book Haul

Hey guys!  It seems like it's been forever since my last wrap up; probably because it finally feels like summer.  I wasn't able to really reciprocate on Tuesday and Wednesday (more so Wednesday) because I had a horrible headache.  TTT's and WOW's are automated posts.  I feel bad and tried to at least stop by and comment on everyone's blog who commented on mine, but I don't think that happened.  The headache continued into Thursday, though I did exist a bit better on that day.  I still didn't have much of a presence, though.  On Friday my family and I took an all day road trip, which I why I was missing yesterday.  Sorry about all that!  This week, unless I get sick, I'll be around the whole time and as soon as I finish this post I'm going to catch up on all the blogs I wasn't able to over the last couple of days.

Now for the state of things:

I found a groove in my writing right now, so I plan to really stick to it.  Hopefully I don't get stuck any time soon.

For TV, I'm still catching up on Supernatural, but I only have two episodes left, so I'll knock it out of the park before the week is over.  Then I plan on watching the Messengers even though it's already been cancelled.  I also got hooked on Star Wars: Rebels the other night.  It's so very good, and you can consider me obsessed.  I'll be finishing the first season of that in time for season two to premier later this month.  I've also got the craving for Six Million Dollar Man, so I'll be popping in a desk of that later this week.

Reading wise, I was going to start Angelfall after finishing Proven Guilty, but then The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender caught my interest and, well, you could say I'm in love.  Which, considering what the book is about, that's a bit ironic.  After I finish this (tonight or tomorrow) I'll start Angelfall, which shouldn't take me super long.  And then I'll be reading Court of Thorns and Roses (finally!).

So, here's the schedule for the week:

Sunday- TV Talk (CW)
Monday- Daredevil Ultimate Edition review
Tuesday- Nothing
Wednesday- Waiting on Wednesday
Thursday- Person of Interest review & my summer music
Friday- Proven Guilty review
Saturday- Wrap-Up and Haul

And now the part of the post I've decided to title: "Help!  I bought too many books!"

I picked up several comics this week.  I've already reviewed one of them, the others you'll see reviewed during the next Sunday Comics, since I've read them all since buying them.
  • New Avengers (Dark Reign) The Reunion Issue #1
  • Blackest Night Issue #0
  • Supergirl (New 52) Issue #1
  • Silk Issue #2
I also picked up a few eBooks (no surprise there).  I'm very excited to start all of them.

  • The Master Magician by Charlie Holmberg
  • Fablehaven by Brandon Mull
  • Nice Dragons Finish Last by Rachel Aaron
I also stopped by the library this week:
  • Vampire Knight Vol. 1
  • Soul Eater Vol. 1
  • The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender
  • The Storyspinner
  • Anna Dressed in Blood
  • The Chaos of Stars











And my local Half-Priced books:
  • White Night
  • Turn Coat
  • Cold Days
  • Skin Game


Anyone else agree I have a problem with my book buying?  Anyway, I'm really happy with my haul this week, and hope you are all as happy with yours.  Have a great week, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you and try to respond to comments once or twice a week. Thank you for your patience :)