Saturday, October 17, 2015

Weekly Wrap Up and Book Haul

Hey guys, how has your week been?  Mine's been rather busy, what with mid-terms having come and gone and the professors expecting more from me now.  I'm settling into school quite well, though.  In bookish news, I'm really debating putting myself on a book buying ban.  I've been spending too much money on books I won't get to for a while.  So, we'll see.  Hopefully next week will be better, but I say that every week, don't I?


Finished this Week
I finished listening to Red Rising, which was such a great experience.  As you may know, I read the book earlier this year and thoroughly enjoyed it.  Listening to it was even more enjoyable.  I did write a review for it already, but it won't be out for quite some time.  I also finished Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell, which was amazing (again, a review will be coming) and totally worth the three weeks it took me to read it.  I also finished Rarity from the Hollow, a book I received from the author to read in exchange for a review.  The review for that will be posted this upcoming Tuesday.

Currently Reading
I just started The Martian before writing this post, and I'll be finishing that by Tuesday.  I already love it.  After that I'll be reading The Flux, another book for review, which may take me through the rest of the week.  If it doesn't, I'll be starting Sword of Shannara, which I'm super excited for!

Currently Watching
Well, I haven't seen an episode of Walking Dead in quite a while, so it's safe to say I'm not "currently" watching it anymore.  I do plan to pick the series up, since I enjoyed what I saw, but not right now when I don't have the time of day.  I have been rewatching Noragami, my absolute favorite anime.  It's been such a great experience and I'm stoked for the new season.

Last Week
Sunday-- Sunday Comics
Friday-- Saga Review

This Week
Sunday-- Sunday TV
Monday-- Graphic Novel Voting, Flex Review, Blogging Tips
Tuesday-- Rarity of the Hollow Review
Thursday-- Discussion, Saga Review
Friday-- Queen of Shadows Review
Saturday-- Wrap Up and Book Haul

Haul
So, like I said earlier, I got way too many books.
  • The Shock of the Fall kindle eBook
  • The White Magic Five and Dime kindle eBook
  • Beauty kindle eBook
  • The Sword of Shannara by Terry Brooks UK edition paperback
  • Elantris by Brandon Sanderson Tenth anniversary edition Hardcover 
  • Black Widow: Forever Red ebook edition
  • The Death of Dulgath by Michael J Sullivan ebook edition

3 comments:

  1. How did you like Rarity from the Hollow? I just started it and.. well it's a bit disturbing for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I'm super excited to read it! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you and try to respond to comments once or twice a week. Thank you for your patience :)