Saturday, October 3, 2015

5 Star Reread Review: Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2)

Author| Sarah J Maas (Twitter/Facebook)  Edition| Hardcover (Original Cover)  Rating| 5 Stars
Buy Links| Amazon/Barnes and Noble/Book Depository
Related Reviews| Throne of Glass

I love this series so much.  If you missed me talking about it in a previous post, I actually reread these books every year in anticipation for the most recent to be released.  So I reread Crown of Midnight, for you counting at home, for the third time this year.


When I first read this book I didn't like it very much at all.  It was drier than the first one and I wasn't very fond of the ending, which so reinvented my idea of Celaena that I didn't like it at all.  On my second read I grew much more fond of it and was able, when rereading the first, to see how the first really laid the groundwork for the second.  Now, on my third read through, I really love this one.  It may, actually, be my favorite.

I can't pin down exactly what changed this time.  Maybe it was knowing what was going to happen and just enjoying the ride.  Maybe it was watching all these characters at such innocent points of their life.  Maybe it was finally understanding why Celaena needed Chaol at this point in her life.  Whatever it was, it really made the book worth it.

And any book that gets better on the reread is a book worth keeping, and rereading, forever.  I don't run into this often with books; in fact it seems that they often get harder to reread.  But this series seems to always manage to keep me interested and happy and I will love it always for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you and try to respond to comments once or twice a week. Thank you for your patience :)