Sunday, October 25, 2015

Sunday Comics


So, yes, I did read quite a bit more comics these last two weeks.  I was really out of sorts comic-wise, but with Marvel series' coming out and a sudden taste for X-Men (read: Angel) comics, I've begun to really love them again.  Sorry for the lack of pictures, they won't save correctly on my computer.  Hopefully the problem will be fixed soon.


The Amazing Spider-Man (2015- )
Issue #1
written by Dan Slott
art by Giuseppe Camuncoli
Wasn't a huge fan.  I'll admit I haven't actually read much of the Spider-verse before, so I don't know if it's the story or the character.  When this series shows up on Marvel Unlimited I'll continue, but until then I'm dropping it.

Young Avengers Presents- Hulkling
One-shot
It was okay.  Not a huge fan of the art but I liked to see the furthering of his story-line, since it was kind of left to hang there.  Everyone knows I'm a sucker for Teddy and Billy, together or apart.

Avengers (2015- )
Issue #0
This served as a preview to all the new Avengers series' set to launch this month and next month.  Overall enjoyed it, though the story that tried to connect them all was a bit too confusing and should have been dropped.

Young Avengers Present- Wiccan and Speed
One-shot
My favorite twins in the whole of comics ever.  So, yeah, I enjoyed it.  Though it's a bit of a prequel to Children's Crusade- I'm guessing when they brainstormed this they weren't sure that was going to exist the way it did.  Nice and fun, though, again, not a huge fan of the art.

Captain Marvel (2014- )
Issue #1
written by Kelly Sue DeConnick
art by David Lopez
My first foray into anything entitled Captain Marvel and I think I like her.  Still deciding, though.  The story was okay, nothing special, but nothing stand-out, either.  We'll have to wait and see.

All-New X-Men
Issues #1-3
This is actually a bit of a re-read, since I've read the first five issues several years ago.  And I very much disliked them originally.  But, after creeping around the Marvel website, finding a picture of Angel (one of my favorite characters, if you didn't know) I couldn't help but pick this up just to enjoy his presence.  Knowing the context of the series helps a lot in making it much better, I must say.

The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl
Issue #1
written by Ryan North
art by Erica Henderson
Sadly, not a fan.  I liked some aspects, and I think she's a decent character, but I also got the feeling that they were trying really hard to make her such an odd-ball character that it worked too well and I had no way of connecting with her.

Marvel's Jessica Jones
Issue #1
written by Brian Michael Bendis
art by Michael Gaydos
I'm so, so, so excited for the TV series, you have no idea.  This was a nice little snippet of what's to come.

Batman and Robin Eternal (2015- )
Issue #2
written by Tim Seeley, Scott Snyder, James Tynion IV
art by Paul Pelletier, Tony Kordos, Rainier Beredo
The art is so beautiful, I wish everything was done as nicely.  The story, too, is keeping me extra excited and every week I'm always hyped for the newest issue.

Doctor Strange (2015- )
Issue #1
written by Jason Aaron
art by Chris Bachelor
What a surprise!  I didn't think I would like this one at all, based off of the first three pages or so.  But then I started to fall in love.  It was a little bit Harry Dresden, a little bit superhero, and a little bit something else entirely.  And it was all wonderful.  Coupled with the gorgeous art, I will definitely be continuing with this series.

Teen Titans (2003-2011)
Issue #4
written by Geoff Johns
art by Mike McKone, Marlo Alquiza, and Jeremy Cox
I still really love this series, even though this wasn't its strongest issue.  It was more of a bridge than anything else.

Captain America: Sam Wilson (2015- )
Issue #1
written by Nick Spencer
art by Daniel Acuna
Another surprise, and another series I'll be sticking with.  Sam Wilson reinvents the Captain America name and I love him so much for it.  He's definitely changed the way his character will be looked at in the future.

New Avengers (2015- )
Issue #1
written by Al Ewing
art by Gerardo Sandoval
Any surprise that I'm reading this? (hint: no, because Teddy and Billy are in it... oh, and so is Clint.)  I like it so far, though not much has happened, I'll admit.  I'm eager to see where it goes.  Not a fan of the art, sadly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you and try to respond to comments once or twice a week. Thank you for your patience :)