Thursday, August 13, 2015

Mini Graphic Novel Review: The Promise (Part One)

Author| Gene Luen Yang  Artist| Gurihiru  Rating| 3.5 Stars
Edition| Kindle eBook

I'm a rather large fan of Avatar, and when this book was on sale several months ago I couldn't resist picking it up and returning to one of my favorite stories.  I was, sadly, rather disappointed.


The Promise picks up pretty much where the original TV show ended.  I was super curious to see where all the characters were and how they were doing.  It delivered, but it told a story I really didn't care about. 

Maybe I'm just growing out of the show (I hope not), but the characters weren't interesting any more. They all seemed really childish and their personalities didn't seem the same.  I was bored while reading it, and I didn't think it went anywhere special.

I don't know if I'll continue this series.  Maybe it's something worth checking out from the library, but I'm in no hurry.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a super big fan of this series (and Legend of Korra as long as it isn't season 1 haha) so I have always considered reading this. I don't know tho... maybe. I'm still obsessed with this show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh season one of Korra was so hard to get through. It kind of soured me for the rest of the show (and I'm sad to admit I gave it up. I really need to watch it all together now that the series is over). Did you hear that they were going to continue Korra through comics?

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you and try to respond to comments once or twice a week. Thank you for your patience :)