Sunday, August 9, 2015

Sunday TV

Welcome back to Sunday TV!  I do one of these posts every other week to spotlight all the shows I've been watching.  I also do a Sunday Comics in the weeks I don't do this post.  Basically, I watch so much TV that I want to talk about, but rather than dedicate a little post to each episode or series of episodes, I do this one huge wrap up.  I watch a mix of new and old shows from many different genres and age groups.  Basically, I'm addicted to TV when I'm not reading.



Episode 3X02-3X03 of Graceland
Titles: "Chester Cheeto" and "Sense Memory"
Watch: USA Network
Rating: 3.5 Stars
I really like the turn this season has taken.  It's not only really intense, but it has several mysteries and stories going on at once.  Right now it's okay that they're all separate story lines, but I'm hoping they weave together very well.  The reason this got a low rating, though, was that I just wasn't entertained the entire time.  That may belong more to my state of mind at the time, but still, it should catch and hold my interest a bit better for such an intense show.

Episode 1X03 of Star Wars- The Clone Wars
Title: "Shadow of Malevolence"
Watch: Netflix
Rating: 4 Stars
This show requires a bit getting used to, especially the animation (which I love-hate).  But I do enjoy the stories and I really love the characters.  It does a good homage to the films, in my opinion.

Episode One of Arpeggio of Blue Steel
Watch: Netflix
Rating: 3 Stars
Not a bad show in the least, but not really up my alley.  I doubt I'll watch any more of it, to be honest.  I didn't really click with the characters and thought it was a bit too confusing.  I do like where the premise could lead eventually but I don't think it's worth sticking around for.

Episodes 1X05-1X06 of Six Million Dollar Man
Titles: "Little Orphan Airplane" and "Doomsday, and Counting"
Watch: Netflix DVD
Rating: 3.75 Stars
This show is just the best, honestly.  It's got super ridiculous special effects (I've been left laughing so many times and how stupid some of the stuff looks) but the story holds up pretty well for the most part.  I love Steve Austin, he's just a really solid character, and I really love Oscar, too, who's a great friend to Steve.  "Little Orphan Airplane" is my favorite episode so far, mostly because of the pair of nuns who were just fantastic.

Episode 4X06 of Once Upon a Time
Title: "Family Business"
Watch: Recorded
Rating: 3 Stars
Yes, I know I'm super far behind on this show.  I'm working on it, I promise.  I really enjoy the Frozen storyline and am curious to see where it goes.  This was one of the weaker episodes, mostly because I feel like they force the character of Belle to be a part of major action when she really doesn't have to be.

Episodes 1X01-1X08 of Friends
Titles: "The One Where Monica Gets a Roommate", "The One with the Sonogram at the End", "The One with the Thumb", "The One with George Stephanopoulos", "The One with the East German Laundry Detergent", "The One with the Butt", "The One with the Blackout", "The One where Nana Dies Twice"
Watch: Netflix
Rating: 4 Stars
Guys, guys, guys!  I'm in love with this show!  It's absolutely amazing and need I say more?  I can't believe I haven't watched it before, but now I see why everyone adores it so much. In case you're wondering, my favorite character is Chandler.

So what have you guys been watching lately?  I'd love to know!

2 comments:

  1. Clone Wars gets quite a bit better as you go along. A friend of mine convinced me to keep going with it, when the animation was getting me to - and I'm glad I did. :)

    I liked the Frozen storyline on Once Upon A Time, too. The farther you go with season four the better it gets. I can't wait for season five to start - and to see Merida!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely keep this in mind and hopefully get to more episodes of Clone Wars soon. For OUaT I really need to just sit down and watch them all together. i think the one thing really keeping me back is that I have so many to catch up on (15 episodes) and it's such a daunting number for a show I used to watch week by week. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you and try to respond to comments once or twice a week. Thank you for your patience :)