Saturday, August 15, 2015

Weekly Wrap Up and Book Haul

I am so tired.  Like, you have no idea.  And that's why this is going up so late today.  The last two days, and today, I haven't been home very much.  My reading has suffered because of it, and I'm really sorry about that.  I've been spending time with extended family and went out to the city today (where I got major sunburn- my face hurts quite a bit) and met with a good friend the other day where we laid out plans for next weekend.


So, on a personal and a blog level, I won't be around next Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (not tomorrow).  I do have hopes to be around  bit on Thursday, but no promises.  All my posts for those four days will be pre-written, too, so I will have stuff posting, just not with me actively posting them. For those of you wondering why I'll be missing- I'll be at the Chicago Comic Con (Wizards World Comic Con) with my friend.  We'll be gone most of the day at the con because we're total geeks like that.  While we won't be doing too much cosplay, on Saturday we will be going as Demigods from the Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus series'.

I only read one book this week, and that was Pawn Shop, a little graphic novel I received from net-galley (review to come).  I absolutely adored it!  I really recommend this one to everyone, but I won't say too much as to why, since I will be reviewing it fairly soon.  I am in the middle of a few other books right now, a couple that I think I'll finish tomorrow (fingers crossed).  Besides being super busy, I'll also be cutting down on the amount of books I read.  I can feel myself starting to lose steam, especially with the school year approaching, and I don't want to push myself too hard.  Expect about five books a month (not counting graphic novels) from now on.  That doesn't seem too bad, really.  I also noticed that I'm only seven books away from completely my goodreads goal this year (which is completely insane, since it's only August!) and when I have reached that point I will be hosting a giveaway.  More details to come when that actually happens.

This week I will continue to read Rook which I think I will be able to complete in the early part of the month.  Then I will be reading Lumiere, which I received an ARC of and, because I have so many ARC's, have pushed forward a bit in my reading plans.  Those two should take me through the rest of the week at the pace I've been going at.  

Here's what I plan to post this week:
Sunday- Sunday Comics and Bookshelf Tour*
Monday- Review of Neverwhere 
Tuesday- Top Ten Tuesday and Review of Let's Eat Ramen
Wednesday- Waiting on Wednesday
Thursday- Review of Tooth and Claw and What's Next
Friday- Review of Blood of Olympus and Friday 56
Saturday- Wrap Up and Haul

*since I haven't been around to edit this video this week (something I thought I would have more time to edit since I didn't realize I wouldn't be around for the last two days) I don't know if it will actually go up Sunday.  Rest assured, it will go up as soon as I can get done with it, though.

So that's the plan, and assuming I have a free and less busy day tomorrow and that I don't end up sleeping until noon, I'll get most of those written.

I feel like I did a still pretty decent job not going crazy buying books this week, since one was a preorder that came in, two were books I've had my eye on for a while, and three were ARCs.  The ARCs I got were The Golden Braid, The Night Parade, and The Reluctant Duchess.

There were two eBooks I picked up, one being a preorder (Left to Darkness) and the other being one I actually wanted to buy when it first came out but never got around to (The Lascar's Dagger).

And finally, a graphic novel I've had my eye on for quite some time.  I've heard only good things, but my cousin was also talking it up and I really trust his judgement.  So, yes, I caved and bought the first volume of Saga.  I'm sure I'll love it and buy the other issues in short time.
So that was my week.  How was yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you and try to respond to comments once or twice a week. Thank you for your patience :)