Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: Court of Fives

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine.  Click here to join in on the fun.

This week I'm waiting on Court of Fives by Kate Elliott.
In this imaginative escape into an enthralling new world, World Fantasy Award finalist Kate Elliott begins a new trilogy with her debut young adult novel, weaving an epic story of a girl struggling to do what she loves in a society suffocated by rules of class and privilege.
Jessamy's life is a balance between acting like an upper class Patron and dreaming of the freedom of the Commoners. But at night she can be whomever she wants when she sneaks out to train for The Fives, an intricate, multi-level athletic competition that offers a chance for glory to the kingdom's best competitors. Then Jes meets Kalliarkos, and an unlikely friendship between a girl of mixed race and a Patron boy causes heads to turn. When a scheming lord tears Jes's family apart, she'll have to test Kal's loyalty and risk the vengeance of a powerful clan to save her mother and sisters from certain death.


Why I'm Waiting
Not only does it have an amazing cover, but it sounds really great.  I love how much fantasy there is on the shelves now, since it's my favorite genre.  This sounds like it will fit nicely among my bookshelves.  It doesn't come out until the eighteenth, I think, so not much more of a wait.  What are you waiting on this week?

8 comments:

  1. Very nice pick. I was lucky enough to get an ARC of this from NOVL. I really enjoyed it, but a lot of people seem to be meh about it. Their loss haha.

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen reviews for both those who like and dislike it. Glad to here you enjoyed it, though! Makes me even more excited for this one. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
    2. Oooh I have to put this on my TBR pile. Thanks!

      My WOW: http://mommywantstoread.blogspot.com/2015/08/waiting-on-wednesday-calvin-by-martine.html

      Delete
  2. I was debating on this one and the one I picked! Awesome pick! And thanks for stopping by!
    Sandra @ SandraTheBookWorm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear other people are excited for this one as well.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Great pick! I saw this for the first time on a few WoW posts yesterday. I will definitely have to check it out!!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW and sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound good, doesn't it?! Thanks for stopping by !

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you and try to respond to comments once or twice a week. Thank you for your patience :)