Sunday, August 23, 2015

Sunday TV

Welcome back to Sunday TV!  I do this every other week in order to talk about all the shows I've enjoyed during the past two weeks.  Normally I watch about an episode a day, but lately I've been bingeing everything I'm behind on since I'll be leaving for college very soon.  So, without further ado, here we go.


Episodes 3X13-3X15 of Perception
Titles: "Mirror", "Romeo", and "Run
Watch: Recorded
Rating: 3.5 Stars
What a strange way to end the season.  I won't get into it too much but I'm pretty sure they knew this was the final three episodes and they seemed to go off on such a strange path.  I wish it had wrapped up nice and cleaner.  I was happy with the way Kate and Donny ended up, though.  Thank God for that.

Episode 1X09 of Friends
Title: "The One Where Underdog Gets Away"
Watch: Netflix
Rating: 3 Stars
Not one of the strongest, nor funniest, episodes.  Chandler is still my favorite, though.

Episodes 3 of Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell
Titles: "The Education of a Magician", "All the Mirrors of the World" and "Arabella"
Watch: Recorded
Rating: 4.5 Stars
This is still one of my favorite shows.  Each episode it gets better and at this point my heart has been pulled in so many different directions.  I can't wait to see how it ends and as soon as I can I will picking up the novel so that I can devour that as well.  Also, the special effects are amazing.

Episodes 3X04-3X08 of Graceland
Titles: "Aha", "Pinon Tree", "Sidewinder", "Bon Voyage" and "Savior Complex"
Watch: On Demand
Rating: 4.5 Stars
I love Graceland, I really do.  But I think it's become so serious at this point that I'm not even entertained the whole time.  There are many moments that blow me completely off my feet, and poor, poor Charlie is breaking my heart (what a stunning performance, too) but there are many story lines that just seem to end abruptly.  I will give it extra points for making me care about the villains so much this season (similar to how Daredevil did- even if I hate them and find them despicable, I don't really want them to leave because I've become attached).

Episodes 5X01-5X09 of Teen Wolf
Titles: "Creatures of the Night", "Parasomnia", "Dreamcatchers", "Condition Terminal", "A Novel Approach", "Required Reading", "Strange Frequencies", "Ouroboros" and "Lies of Omission"
Watch: MTV App
Rating: 4 Stars
This is easily one of my favorite shows.  I didn't actually discover it until last year, though.  So I sped through the first three seasons and watched season four live.  I got a late start with this season since I was on vacation at the start of it and just never felt like getting into it.  It had such a strong start but then pretty much pitter pattered to a slow jog.  I'm hoping it'll pick up again soon.  It's not that there's a lack of excitement- it's that there's a lack of room to breathe between the excitement.  There's no comic relief at all this season and I can't really stand this constant action and stress the characters are going through.

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to watch Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell, but I'd like to read the book first. The trailers looked great! Of Teen Wolf I've watched through season 3a and I really need to continue with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I debated reading the book first but decided against it in the end because I wasn't sure how long before I actually got to it. If the books is anything close to the show I expect it to be absolutely fantastic! Season 3b of Teen Wolf was my favorite, mostly because it focused on Stiles. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
    2. Stiles is easily my favorite character - I'll have to watch it now. :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you and try to respond to comments once or twice a week. Thank you for your patience :)